GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any here into retro gaming?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Beat Zelda 2. It was every bit as hard as I remember but being able to rewind I finally could beat ShadowLink. I remember buying that game for like $90, and that was in 80's money so more like $150. Can you imagine paying $150 for a game? People complain about $60 games...they didn't have to live through peak Nintendo. Still have it around here somewhere...wonder what it's worth. I regret giving my cousin Chrono Trigger for sure. That one was also like $90 and remember getting it at Babbages. Oh Babbages at the mall...good times...many a game were drooled over.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Beat Zelda 2. It was every bit as hard as I remember but being able to rewind I finally could beat ShadowLink. I remember buying that game for like $90, and that was in 80's money so more like $150. Can you imagine paying $150 for a game? People complain about $60 games...they didn't have to live through peak Nintendo. Still have it around here somewhere...wonder what it's worth. I regret giving my cousin Chrono Trigger for sure. That one was also like $90 and remember getting it at Babbages. Oh Babbages at the mall...good times...many a game were drooled over.
Fuck shadow link. Left handed bastard.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

1624363866412.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
You suck. Wait, are we related? Send it back.

Hey, it's me, your cousin. Let's go bowling!

About 15 years ago, I worked with one of my buddies at a GameCrazy. Not sure if you guys had them out there, but it was a chain of video game stores (just like EB Games\Gamestop) that were attached to movie rental places. Was a pretty sweet job at 21 years old while going to school. So I'm there one night with this other kid who we called Cliff Dirty Pants, for reasons I'm sure you can guess. A typical slow Friday night. Anyway, I head out to get some food, and while I'm out, a guy comes in and trades in a crap ton of SNES games. Chrono Trigger. Final Fantasy II. Final Fantasy III. Secret of Mana. Etc, etc... All mint, in box. At that time, which was after the SNES was done, we sold what we had left of SNES games for 3x for $10. Which means he probably got $1 a game for them. Cliff Dirty Pants turned around and bought them all for 3x for $10. I was PISSED when I came back with food.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
If anyone needs help setting up a Pi or ROMs feel free to hit me up. I have a pretty well curated collection of North American games across various system and used to use RetroPie a lot...until I switched over both of my Pi's to running OctoPrint. My current retro-gaming hobby is modding old consoles. So far, I have installed a modchip on a Gen 2 NA Sega Saturn and a "FBO" Sega Dreamcast: GD-EMU SD card reader, Noctua cooling fan, Pico PSU, and rechargeable system battery. Pretty slick for a 22 year old console lol

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Hey, it's me, your cousin. Let's go bowling!

About 15 years ago, I worked with one of my buddies at a GameCrazy. Not sure if you guys had them out there, but it was a chain of video game stores (just like EB Games\Gamestop) that were attached to movie rental places. Was a pretty sweet job at 21 years old while going to school. So I'm there one night with this other kid who we called Cliff Dirty Pants, for reasons I'm sure you can guess. A typical slow Friday night. Anyway, I head out to get some food, and while I'm out, a guy comes in and trades in a crap ton of SNES games. Chrono Trigger. Final Fantasy II. Final Fantasy III. Secret of Mana. Etc, etc... All mint, in box. At that time, which was after the SNES was done, we sold what we had left of SNES games for 3x for $10. Which means he probably got $1 a game for them. Cliff Dirty Pants turned around and bought them all for 3x for $10. I was PISSED when I came back with food.
I worked at an EB wayyyyy back in the day and it was during the waning days of the Saturn's worldwide life span and we started to get in all of these late generation and import Saturn games. I snagged up all of the rare stuff and cool import stuff (Burning Rangers, Shing Force 3, Ikaruga minus Panzer Dragoon Saga :( ). I really wish I would've held on to all of that stuff.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
I still have all the games from when I grew up. I have been collecting pretty hard the past few years. Flea markets do well by me. A few visits in a row to the same guy yielded me some NES and PS1 games for a $1 each. Ive sold most of them and profited pretty heavily. Time to pay him a visit.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
I think I still have my Saturn, Genesis, and 32x somewhere. I have some random NES carts somewhere too.

Lost the battery pack...which is like $60 now.
Nice!!! You don't see those very often out in the wild. Do any of you remember the Sega CDX (at least I think that is what is what called)? It was an all one Genesis, portable CD player, and Sega CD all in one.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Nice!!! You don't see those very often out in the wild. Do any of you remember the Sega CDX (at least I think that is what is what called)? It was an all one Genesis, portable CD player, and Sega CD all in one.
Yeup. There was such a ton of systems at one point. I hop in and out of collecting as it fits into my schedule and I kind of deep dive into it. Research, YouTube, forums, documentaries the works. So at some point I’m sure I have seen almost every North American system from Atari 2600 on.