GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any other cars that I am missing that are good for 25-35k?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Agreed total secretary car because it looks identical to C250, which is what all the in debt 30k millionaires roll in.

miami90

Ready to race!
Just get a C63 bro lmao

McQueen77

Banned
That audi seems like a pretty decent deal!

But the A3 quattro DSG is I think where i will focus they are low 20s right now, seems to be a sweet spot and I won't lose my ass once I am ready to sell...

this sounds like a good bet.

The only thing I ding it for is being more "feminine" than a Bimmer or Audi.

thats pretty subjective, really. ive lost count of how many 20 something or 30something year old girls in 328i's and A4's i see in these parts - thousands and thousands of them. i love the C class. good to hear they did an update on the interior because i couldn't believe all the hard plastics they had in that thing...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Just get a C63 bro lmao
45k+

thats pretty subjective, really. ive lost count of how many 20 something or 30something year old girls in 328i's and A4's. thousands and thousands of them. i love the C class. good to hear they did an update on the interior because i couldn't believe all the hard plastics they had in that thing...

But I just ran the numbers say in the next 2 years the audi will lose 10k, as well with R. And I don't think i'll have the car longer than that, and the R will have free maintenance + warranty, I'll be out on my own with the TSI and tensioner ;)

McQueen77

Banned
45k+

But I just ran the numbers say in the next 2 years the audi will lose 10k, as well with R. And I don't think i'll have the car longer than that, and the R will have free maintenance + warranty, I'll be out on my own with the TSI and tensioner ;)

i dont get the 2 year thing.. maybe i missed that part. why not just lease something?

miami90

Ready to race!

thats pretty subjective, really. ive lost count of how many 20 something or 30something year old girls in 328i's and A4's i see in these parts - thousands and thousands of them. i love the C class. good to hear they did an update on the interior because i couldn't believe all the hard plastics they had in that thing...

Yeah, it's a personal thing for me. I wouldn't get a 328i though, 335i or bust ;)

My uncle owns a C300 though. I've driven it on numerous occasions, great sounding engine and oh baby it's smooth. I wouldn't want one yet because idk if this is the case for the C350, but the throttle response was weird on it. You pushed down the peddle and could count to 1.5 Mississippi before the car went.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
i dont get the 2 year thing.. maybe i missed that part. why not just lease something?

It will be as much or more if I lease. And I would be locked into a set time frame.

Say I get the A3 used for 25k after tax ... in 2 years and say 35k miles it will be worth 15k tops. Aka 10k expense

I think a 2 year old Golf R with 35k miles will be worth about 25k and my planned out the door is 35k as well. Hence the same 10k expense.

But I will drive a new car car with free maintenance + warranty.

McQueen77

Banned
but the throttle response was weird on it. You pushed down the peddle and could count to 1.5 Mississippi before the car went.

that is how the 528i is.. hideous. unfortunately the case for many automatics in 'D' so the trade off is you drive around in Sport mode all the time getting like 15mpg.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Yea, no go on camry, too big although the new redesign is great.
I am going to look at that audi A3 titanium !

If its nice enough I'll prob get it.

Wow yea a a3 looks nice with the Titanium Sport Package
Front and rear alloy wheels: 18" x 7.5"; Front and rear summer tires 225/40/; Driver seat and Front passenger seat : sports; Alcantara upholstery; Black grille surround; Black headliner; S line door sill inlays; Sport suspension..

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Wow yea a a3 looks nice with the Titanium Sport Package
Front and rear alloy wheels: 18" x 7.5"; Front and rear summer tires 225/40/; Driver seat and Front passenger seat : sports; Alcantara upholstery; Black grille surround; Black headliner; S line door sill inlays; Sport suspension..

Yep loaded like crazy, they still haven't gotten back to me... maybe its sold

miami90

Ready to race!
that is how the 528i is.. hideous. unfortunately the case for many automatics in 'D' so the trade off is you drive around in Sport mode all the time getting like 15mpg.

I don't think I can ever go back to a regular A/T now that the DSG has ruined me.

miami90

Ready to race!
When are the new A3 models coming? If the sedans come to the US, wait for it

:wub:

(I know, just a concept...for now)

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars/first-looks/2014-audi-a3-sedan

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned
some are better than others and different cars are tuned differently, or i should say, the tranny is programmed differently. i find the regular GM A/T in the 328i to be fine.. the new ones are supposed to have the ZF 8 speed tranny and they are supposed to be great.

miami90

Ready to race!
some are better than others and different cars are tuned differently, or i should say, the tranny is programmed differently. i find the regular GM A/T in the 328i to be fine.. the new ones are supposed to have the ZF 8 speed tranny and they are supposed to be great.

My old car was a 3 (4?) speed A/T Neon, so maybe I shouldn't be judging lol

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I checked on F30 Beemers 37k+ and the models with decent wheels+options are over 40k. The under 40k cars don't even have HIDs :laugh: