GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any other cars that I am missing that are good for 25-35k?

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Join a credit union to finance a cpo car. They have great rates!

McQueen77

Banned
Join a credit union to finance a cpo car. They have great rates!

yes. before my car was paid off i switched from vw financing to my credit union and got 1.9%

miami90

Ready to race!
yes. before my car was paid off i switched from vw financing to my credit union and got 1.9%

How did you work that out? I have 4% currently with another bank, not VW. You just walked in and said "gimme a better interest rate?" lol

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Guys money isn't the issue here... hell i can "finance" a 100k car if I want, but I don't. To me the expense of ownership is important.

For ex, after further consideration the A3 at 22-24k is probably NOT a good move for me. Say I put ~40k on the car in 2 years and I purchase it with 40-50k miles. The a3 will be 5+ years old with nearly 100k miles and it will be worth 12-14k and I will be driving a used car for that time frame.

I would think that if I manage to pick up a golf r for 35k then in 2 years and at 40k miles it'll still be worth 25k or so, all in all same depreciation, but I'd be driving a brand new car that needs NOTHING. Vs an out of warranty audi that will most likely need $1000s in maintenance. (Tires,brakes,fluids etc) will all be due before 100k

trd420

Go Kart Champion
:D

No, I have not driven an ugly washing machine on wheels family sedan.

I hope you are not going to sit there and suggest that the Camry can rival the R, A4, A3, Merc's, or BMWs otherwise listed here? In pretty much anyway?

It handles "well"?? Yeah, that's what I look for in a fun to drive sports car. The Ford Fusion company car handles "well"......doesn't mean I would drop my GTI and get a Fusion. You can make allowances for it, add conditions to your statements....."It's not that bad...", "It handles 'well'"....."Faster than you would think".....all means it's crap, but better crap than you would expect.

Still crap. :D

I drive all kinds of cars too, in 20 years driving I have had roughly 18 cars. driven lots of rentals too. I dumped a 2008 Charger Super Bee to get the GTI....I drove a HHR in New York last month. It had impressive acceleration, really surprised me, was pretty good on gas mileage too. The interior was not only cheap and crappy but was uncomfortable and poorly laid out too. Looked like garbage and broke down twice. Having some good points doesn't outweigh the bad. ;)

I'm just saying, while the Camry has it's uses, being in a comparison/buying decision chart that include his primary list and requirements is definitely not one of them.

I'll Start by saying you are right you can't compare a golf R, Audi A4, BMW three series, Mercedes, to a Camry that's for sure. And wasn't trying to was just saying that it met all of his wants and needs. But for you to say a car is crap that you haven't even driven that's not true The Camry SE V6 is actually a very good car Looks and performance wise. And not that you were but you can't compare a Camry SE V6 to a ford fusion in anyway!!it would run circles around one This I know. The numbers don't lie The Camry SE is better than the Honda Accord v6, Hyundai Sonata 2.0T, Volkswagen Passat 3.6 in all of the test. 0 to 60, quarter-mile, passing 50 to 70mph, Skidpad, and 70-0 Breaking Would have been 15 feet shorter than all of the others above + It is the lightest of all of those as well. So before you can judge a car you need to drive it For more than just a test drive like I said I had one for a few weeks as a dealer demo. it is a good car maybe not the right one for him but a Good car nonetheless

PS: Sorry maxtdi For getting off subject I just had a put that out there :D

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Yea I was going to mention that as well but I didn't want to side subject. The V6 camry is faster than any american Volkwagen product, including Golf R :laugh:

Some ppl don't like the "fam car status" and will do anything not to own one.

I personally just prefect the uniqueness of the Golf, the amazing packaging and the AWD and the great handling and spiffy interior. I think in terms of ownership costs straight line speed, reliability,space and cost. The Camry SE V6 is a superior car.

McQueen77

Banned
How did you work that out? I have 4% currently with another bank, not VW. You just walked in and said "gimme a better interest rate?" lol

no i got an offer from my credit union to said rate if i refinanced my auto loan with them. i have an 810 fico score so i was able to get the 1.9%

miami90

Ready to race!
I have driven the new Camry's. Wafty ride and numb and I mean NUMB steering feel.

Might as well get an old Deville just cause they had big engines...

miami90

Ready to race!
no i got an offer from my credit union to said rate if i refinanced my auto loan with them. i have an 810 fico score so i was able to get the 1.9%

Mine is very close to that. Reason I got 4 is because I didn't have a lot of history, not that I had bad history. Planning to refinance soon

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
is350...besides a loaded B8 a4 it has the nicest interior and most options it will roll out any car discussed in this thread besides possibly an STI and the reliability is worlds better then any german car the only down side to the is350 is steering feel is pretty fucking numbed out but it handles great I had an 06 for about a year and really loved the cockpit feel of the drivers seat

C4L

Banned
is350...besides a loaded B8 a4 it has the nicest interior and most options it will roll out any car discussed in this thread besides possibly an STI and the reliability is worlds better then any german car the only down side to the is350 is steering feel is pretty fucking numbed out but it handles great I had an 06 for about a year and really loved the cockpit feel of the drivers seat

You think a 2013 IS350 has a nicer interior than a 2013 3-Series, C-Class, S60, ATS, etc??

I don't...

And as quick as it may be, it doesn't feel great. I will gladly forgo a 1/2 second 0-60 for even 'just' an F30 328i to get a better balanced/driving car (and one that can be modded with ease).

Now, once the NEW IS comes out, it may be a different story. For now, the CURRENT and VERY DATED IS is WAY behind all of its MUCH newer competition.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You think a 2013 IS350 has a nicer interior than a 2013 3-Series, C-Class, S60, ATS, etc??

I don't...

And as quick as it may be, it doesn't feel great. I will gladly forgo a 1/2 second 0-60 for even 'just' an F30 328i to get a better balanced/driving car (and one that can be modded with ease).

Now, once the NEW IS comes out, it may be a different story. For now, the CURRENT and VERY DATED IS is WAY behind all of its MUCH newer competition.

I preferred the interior in the C class to the new 3. But the audi tops the Mercedes.

The mercedes is very user friendly and nicely put together. The BMW is retarded, the turn signal is funny, the gear shifter is overly complex. Its like they tried to re-invent the wheel and next thing you know they will put the accelerator under your left elbow.

C4L

Banned
I preferred the interior in the C class to the new 3. But the audi tops the Mercedes.

The mercedes is very user friendly and nicely put together. The BMW is retarded, the turn signal is funny, the gear shifter is overly complex. Its like they tried to re-invent the wheel and next thing you know they will put the accelerator under your left elbow.

I agree. Merc put a new interior in the current C-Class for MY 2012 and didn't tell anyone about it. It used to be trash. One of the worst. Now it is among the best.

And I too prefer the Audi interior. Not just for build/material quality but the layout, ergonomics, and overall aesthetic. I love Audi's attention to detail that even great luxury car brands like Merc/BMW don't seem to have. 'The devil is in the details' (oddly enough a GERMAN proverb...)