GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
I played BL3 for a few days then just like never got back to it lol. That being said I did capitalize on computer equipment lastnight via primeday and giftcards I had. Looking to build a nice pc setup, making the switch from xbox to pc :cool:
What did you pick up?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
I've tried Borderlands a few times but could never really get into it. Mass Effect has the new legendary edition out which I recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. Sorta similar to BL

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Anyone still playing Borderlands 3? @Vesta Turan and I have been playing that shizz for more than a year, shortly after launch iirc, and have all the DLCs. Cartels starts up again tomorrow. What a great game! We've had a few weeks where we didn't play at all due to life getting in the way, but we usually have play daily.

I'm a huge fan of FarCry since FC3. I didn't get New Dawn because it looked the same as 5 and some gameplay of the cut scenes of the twins and dialogue of the NPCs wasn't enough to get my off my wallet.

I'm not what you'd consider good but I have hundreds of hrs into RDR, RDR2, FC3, 4, 5, Primal, BL3, and a few others.

If anyone on PS4 wants to play, PM me and I'll give you my info.

New Dawn was actually a lot of fun. It brought a lot of personality even if you ignore the cutscenes which aren't that often. There is plenty more to do than just deal with those two.

I just beat FC5 but never thought I would even revisit it as I found it initially extremely dull. I picked up New Dawn on sale and loved it. Had a Mad Max vibe to it for sure.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
One of my all time favorites. The whole thing was a masterpiece.

I envy your virgin voyage into the adventure.
I tried it out a few years ago on PS4 and for some reason I could not get in to it at the time. I snagged it on sale on Steam a few months ago and tried to play it again, but I couldn't force myself to play through the "tutorial" chapter again. I finally cracked over the weekend and took my wife's advice of just downloading a game save that had that part cleared and I am glad I did.....it's just so damn good. I can already it is going to take me forever to finish it because I want to wander and explore every inch of the countryside I see.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
What did you pick up?
all off amazon, L desk, Acer nitro monitor, dual monitor stand, cup holder clip to desk, headphone clip to desk, gaming chair (current one is broken lol)).

I currently have an older acer monitor thats 25" so i'll have a decent setup. Next will be mouse, keyboard, computer. I may or may not build my own, never did one but i am about having fun

Turbongr

Ready to race!
Anyone still playing Borderlands 3? @Vesta Turan and I have been playing that shizz for more than a year, shortly after launch iirc, and have all the DLCs. Cartels starts up again tomorrow. What a great game! We've had a few weeks where we didn't play at all due to life getting in the way, but we usually have play daily.

I'm a huge fan of FarCry since FC3. I didn't get New Dawn because it looked the same as 5 and some gameplay of the cut scenes of the twins and dialogue of the NPCs wasn't enough to get my off my wallet.

I'm not what you'd consider good but I have hundreds of hrs into RDR, RDR2, FC3, 4, 5, Primal, BL3, and a few others.

If anyone on PS4 wants to play, PM me and I'll give you my info.

Played the first two Borderlands a TON. Couldn't get into 3 though. Gave me a headache. Some of my buddies still playing but I just couldn't hang.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
all off amazon, L desk, Acer nitro monitor, dual monitor stand, cup holder clip to desk, headphone clip to desk, gaming chair (current one is broken lol)).

I currently have an older acer monitor thats 25" so i'll have a decent setup. Next will be mouse, keyboard, computer. I may or may not build my own, never did one but i am about having fun
Dude...building your own is half the fun! If you decide to, hit me up. I am an IT guy by trade and a PC nerd at heart so I would be more than happy to assist!

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Dude...building your own is half the fun! If you decide to, hit me up. I am an IT guy by trade and a PC nerd at heart so I would be more than happy to assist!
Honestly the worse part of building a PC for me was slotting into the pcie slots and tightening down the cpu cooler. I know the components are fine, but I couldn't help but feel like I was breaking my hardware with how much force you sometimes need to get these things to seat properly lol.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Honestly the worse part of building a PC for me was slotting into the pcie slots and tightening down the cpu cooler. I know the components are fine, but I couldn't help but feel like I was breaking my hardware with how much force you sometimes need to get these things to seat properly lol.
Worse part for me was the damn cable management

fuck those cables

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Worse part for me was the damn cable management

fuck those cables
That's one of my favorite parts! Nothing beats a nice clean server/network stack. I want to try my hand at a custom cooling loop at some point in time

battle.munky

Ready to race!
What do you think of RDR2? I finally started playing it after having it in my back log for a while, and holy shit is that a beautiful game. A hell of a slow burn so far, but just gorgeous.
It was an incredible game. I won't spoil it but I literally shed a tear a few times. On the first playthrough of games I generally do everything and I try to 100% it. AC Odyssey took me forever and I still think I'm a few % off. I say all that to try and show the investment I put into games...and to not feel stupid for crying over a game as a grown ass man.
New Dawn was actually a lot of fun. It brought a lot of personality even if you ignore the cutscenes which aren't that often. There is plenty more to do than just deal with those two.

I just beat FC5 but never thought I would even revisit it as I found it initially extremely dull. I picked up New Dawn on sale and loved it. Had a Mad Max vibe to it for sure.
Last time I saw New Dawn it was only like $5 so I may snag it at some point and give it a play. FC is my favorite franchise. Can't wait for 6!
One of my all time favorites. The whole thing was a masterpiece.

I envy your virgin voyage into the adventure.
Agreed. It is pretty great. A ton of work but such a good story and ties to RDR. I'm a bit envious of the fresh start into it too. It is a great adventure. Games like RDR2 are excellent examples of what a good game looks like. Beware online play though...its a wild wild west online. I'm wasn't good enough to stay alive too long.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
It was an incredible game. I won't spoil it but I literally shed a tear a few times. On the first playthrough of games I generally do everything and I try to 100% it. AC Odyssey took me forever and I still think I'm a few % off. I say all that to try and show the investment I put into games...and to not feel stupid for crying over a game as a grown ass man.

Last time I saw New Dawn it was only like $5 so I may snag it at some point and give it a play. FC is my favorite franchise. Can't wait for 6!

Agreed. It is pretty great. A ton of work but such a good story and ties to RDR. I'm a bit envious of the fresh start into it too. It is a great adventure. Games like RDR2 are excellent examples of what a good game looks like. Beware online play though...its a wild wild west online. I'm wasn't good enough to stay alive too long.
The older I get the worse I am at multiplayer so I tend to avoid it lol