GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It's wild to me that it's been almost 2 years, and you still can't just walk into a Target and buy a PS5 whenever you want.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
There's enough things out there to alert you when stock shows up on various stores and sites. It's not that difficult just takes a little patience. It only took me 3 days back in feb last year to get a ps5. The alert went off that amazon had stock at 3am, it woke my ass up and I got my ps5.

It was so easy for my ps5 that I told a buddy I'd help him get an xbox. That one actually took me a while to get. I think that one was closer to a month. Just wasn't much stock arriving and I missed a few opportunities. I ended up getting that one from best buy. Best buys site is actually set up pretty well for this kind of thing. It's a little harder for scalpers and bots to pick them all up through their site.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
There's enough things out there to alert you when stock shows up on various stores and sites. It's not that difficult just takes a little patience. It only took me 3 days back in feb last year to get a ps5. The alert went off that amazon had stock at 3am, it woke my ass up and I got my ps5.

It was so easy for my ps5 that I told a buddy I'd help him get an xbox. That one actually took me a while to get. I think that one was closer to a month. Just wasn't much stock arriving and I missed a few opportunities. I ended up getting that one from best buy. Best buys site is actually set up pretty well for this kind of thing. It's a little harder for scalpers and bots to pick them all up through their site.

Don't get me wrong. You're right that at this point, it's not that difficult and just takes a little patience if you want one. It's not like it was 2 years ago where it was almost impossible.

But like... It's been 2 years. You shouldn't even have to do that. You should be able to go "I think I'll buy a PS5 today.", and either order one of Amazon and have it at your house in 2 days, or drive to your local Wal-Mart or Target and get one whenever you want. They should just be stocked on shelves. I remember when I wanted to upgrade from a PS3 to a PS4, two days after Christmas one year, I just waltzed into Wal-Mart and bought one. At a time of the year when inventory levels should be their lowest, since everyone just finished holiday present shopping.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion

"easy" is when you have a few drinks one night and decide to buy something online, then forget about it completely until you see a package on your front door and ask yourself "wtf is this?" #SurpriseGiftsFromMyself

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Walmart had some ps5 bundle, two controllers, charging station etc... I bought it. Comes in on the 18th.

Actually shipped and sold from Walmart.com though, or one of those marketplace vendors at a markup? Do they do that in Canada? Here in the US at least, half the stuff on Walmarts website is from third parties, they're trying to be like Amazon these days.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
"easy" is when you have a few drinks one night and decide to buy something online, then forget about it completely until you see a package on your front door and ask yourself "wtf is this?" #SurpriseGiftsFromMyself
Aka Primenesia

I did this last week. Package arrived and I’m like i don’t know what this is. It was a game I ordered half asleep and forgot doing it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Actually shipped and sold from Walmart.com though, or one of those marketplace vendors at a markup? Do they do that in Canada? Here in the US at least, half the stuff on Walmarts website is from third parties, they're trying to be like Amazon these days.
Yeah, from Walmart. But they didn't have the bundle I wanted so i had to spend more for a second controller and some charging station. Even with the extra stuff it was less than some third party vendor. Had it delivered to the store cause it said it would arrive on the 18th and I'm in Atlanta that week. Don't want it hanging on the porch and then some hoodlums jack it.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Anyone have a 5g hotspot that they recommend? My buddy works on the road so he spends most of his nights in hotels and needs something good enough for gaming, preferably without data caps

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I was going to clean my garage today (more like tidy it up from the last time I worked in it), but spent the day playing Vampire Survivors instead. Just came out of early access yesterday, and is like $4 on Steam.

Very simple premises, you just move your character and collect items/power ups whole killing hordes of monsters. The kind of game that would be great on mobile. Very addicting.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I need to start practicing yelling, BOY! Only like 2 and a half weeks to go.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Enjoying Conan Exiles lately.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Currently playing A Plague Tale: Requiem on Xbox, and just picked up Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope for some fun on the go...