GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I thought Cyberpunk was coming out on the 11th. Turns out it's coming out on the 10th, but it's a global release at midnight poland time, and that's actually the 9th at 7 eastern. Can't fuckin wait.

AlanParker1989

I've been playing games since adolescence and I'm not going to stop, I have already completed 88 games) How many of you have completed even more games?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
I've been playing games since adolescence and I'm not going to stop, I have already completed 88 games) How many of you have completed even more games?
I've been gaming since the '70s and have lost count of how many games I've completed...

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
I've been going old school. Playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica..
I've been going old school as well, with side-scrolling 2-D "metroidvania"-style games such as Foregone and Vigil: The Longest Night.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
No one has any Cyberpunk comments or updates?

Really? LOL

I really want to play it on PC but it will cost me about $600 to get my system up to recommended specs. I have a newer (bought a year ago) Xbox One X so I should be able to play it but I'm just moving back away from consoles and back into more PC games.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
No one has any Cyberpunk comments or updates?

Really? LOL

There's enough memes and articles out there about it lol

I'm not sure I'd get it on an old console. Doesn't really seem worth it if you don't have a decent pc, a ps5, or series s/x. The devs told people they'd be willing to give refunds to console players that aren't happy with the games performance, but neither sony or microsoft are cooperating with that.

I've been playing it on pc and haven't had any issues running the game, and it looks good. Put about 34 hours into it so far. I've been enjoying it though. Isn't quite the game everyone thought it was going to be, but still a pretty good game that would have likely been a great game with another 6 months of development.

They've got some work to do to rebuild peoples trust.

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
There's enough memes and articles out there about it lol

I'm not sure I'd get it on an old console. Doesn't really seem worth it if you don't have a decent pc, a ps5, or series s/x. The devs told people they'd be willing to give refunds to console players that aren't happy with the games performance, but neither sony or microsoft are cooperating with that.

I've been playing it on pc and haven't had any issues running the game, and it looks good. Put about 34 hours into it so far. I've been enjoying it though. Isn't quite the game everyone thought it was going to be, but still a pretty good game that would have likely been a great game with another 6 months of development.

They've got some work to do to rebuild peoples trust.

I'm in pretty much the same spot- I've finished up act 1 and a few side gigs with just around 20 hours played on PC. I'm running high-ultra settings perfectly fine on an i5 and rx580 @1080p. No crashes so far, but definitely a few bugs here and there.

The game definitely was a bit of a letdown after the massive hype, but at the end of the day it IS fun to play, and I love the worldbuilding/aesthetic. The gunplay and story are great, but some of the mechanics and especially the AI leave a lot to be desired.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm in pretty much the same spot- I've finished up act 1 and a few side gigs with just around 20 hours played on PC. I'm running high-ultra settings perfectly fine on an i5 and rx580 @1080p. No crashes so far, but definitely a few bugs here and there.

The game definitely was a bit of a letdown after the massive hype, but at the end of the day it IS fun to play, and I love the worldbuilding/aesthetic. The gunplay and story are great, but some of the mechanics and especially the AI leave a lot to be desired.

I feel they did a pretty good job with the quests and I like all the stories they tell. There's a bunch of pointless side quests on the map, but the side quests that show up in your journal as you complete the story quests can be just as good as the story quests.

I pushed the story quests off to the side and I've just been doing all the meaningful side quests I can find for about the last 10 hours. The game is at it's best when you're progressing with the different quests certain characters give you.

I've got a i7-9700k with a 2070 with the resolution set to 3440x1440p and I haven't had any problems with how the game runs. I have no idea what my fps is like, but it seems pretty stable. I don''t notice any dips or any lag and I haven't had a single crash. My biggest problem I was having was anytime I would die it would add black bars to the side of my screen like I was running the game in 2560x1440, so I'd have to go into the settings and change the resolution to something else then back to what it should be. It seems like they fixed that though as I haven't had that issue again.

Last edited:

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
We have CP:2077 on PC and XSX in my household, and I haven't had a chance to play either one, because my boys have been hogging them. My older son plays the PC version, on an I5/GTX1080 box, and also on an I7/2070Super box, while my younger son is playing on the Series X. It seems to be fairly stable on all formats, gameplay-wise (watching and listening to them), but it definitely likes to glitch out with random things graphically, along with the occasional inexplicable death from walking up or down stairs...

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Hollow Knight was great. Can't wait for the sequel.
I loved Hollow Knight's environment, characters, and gameplay. I'm getting rusty as I get older though, and my reflexes are causing me to rage quit good games...I rage quit HK after many failed attempts at my 3rd bout with the Hornet. I really want to pick it back up, as I'm also looking forward to the sequel.