GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Nice! I've only seen the first boss once...and he kicked my ass! I'm still learning all the nuances of the gameplay...
The first boss gave me the most trouble so far. That one took me 4-5 attempts. The 2nd boss was 2 attempts, 3rd boss was 2 attempts, and I got the 4th boss on the first attempt. Boss fights are nuts in this game. Shit gets intense. I probably put in about 25 hours over the weekend.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
The first boss gave me the most trouble so far. That one took me 4-5 attempts. The 2nd boss was 2 attempts, 3rd boss was 2 attempts, and I got the 4th boss on the first attempt. Boss fights are nuts in this game. Shit gets intense. I probably put in about 25 hours over the weekend.
Are all the bosses multi-health bar and multi-phased? I always hated that as a mechanic in games...seems like a cop-out. I'm still having a bad time with the "big red baddies" that are sprinkled throughout the first area...

Overall, I'm having a blast with this though!

Niner

Passed Driver's Ed
I just completed Zelda: BOTW and recently downloaded the free Horizon Zero Dawn bundle. Giving HZD a try now - pretty cool thus far.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Are all the bosses multi-health bar and multi-phased? I always hated that as a mechanic in games...seems like a cop-out. I'm still having a bad time with the "big red baddies" that are sprinkled throughout the first area...

Overall, I'm having a blast with this though!
Yea, so far they've all had 3 phases. Eventually you'll start to get a couple different revive mechanics. There's at least 2 or 3 different ways to be revived and stay in the fight and there's another revive that will reset your fight but keep you within the same run.

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
I just completed Zelda: BOTW and recently downloaded the free Horizon Zero Dawn bundle. Giving HZD a try now - pretty cool thus far.
I love HZD! Beautiful game and an awesome play.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I love HZD! Beautiful game and an awesome play.
Same! Was blown away with it back when I first played it back in 2017. Honestly one of my favorite games of the entire generation.

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Same! Was blown away with it back when I first played it back in 2017. Honestly one of my favorite games of the entire generation.
The very beginning is a little slow as she grows up but once the world opens up its just a completely different level of experience, as far as the games that I have played. To be fair I took a large break from playing anything, about a year and a half, and HZD was my gateway game back into it. I couldnt get into Red Dead or Far Cry so I cannot say anything as to how the games compare. I have played Sekiro and like it a lot, I just have a problem staying alive, lol!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Beat Returnal last night. Took me somewhere between 30-35 hours. Now that's it like new game+ and I have all the equipment I'm gonna play through it again, see what it's like when you don't have to walk past a bunch of upgrades.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion

Still young, but I don't ever see myself growing out of video games.

You're going to make me take a screenshot when I get home but I'm pretty sure I have you beat, lol.

I'm also past my 30s but grew up gaming and is just part of my generation. I can't imagine I'll ever stop and even at 80 yrs old (if I live up to that), I don't see why I would shun someone passing me a controller all of a sudden, lol. It's just a new age and new mentality of people.

Heck, even growing up in the 90s, gaming was considered total loser/nerd stuff, but now it is for EVERYONE. athletes, celebrities, everyone has taken on gaming.

I don't get as excited as I used to obviously but I still enjoy the heck out of the right games that I play. Very selective nowadays but still enjoy them tremendously.

Daks

Autocross Champion
You're going to make me take a screenshot when I get home but I'm pretty sure I have you beat, lol.

I'm also past my 30s but grew up gaming and is just part of my generation. I can't imagine I'll ever stop and even at 80 yrs old (if I live up to that), I don't see why I would shun someone passing me a controller all of a sudden, lol. It's just a new age and new mentality of people.

Heck, even growing up in the 90s, gaming was considered total loser/nerd stuff, but now it is for EVERYONE. athletes, celebrities, everyone has taken on gaming.

I don't get as excited as I used to obviously but I still enjoy the heck out of the right games that I play. Very selective nowadays but still enjoy them tremendously.
Very well said. I don't finish games like I used to but I still very much enjoy spending 20-30 hours playing a game. Unless it is UFC 3, I can play that shit for days online.

Jack Adebayor

I don't get as excited as I used to obviously but I still enjoy the heck out of the right games that I play, especially WoW Classic. Especially ifI get some help here. It greatly improves my gaming experience :) Very selective nowadays but still enjoy them tremendously.
Well said, SnailpowerMk7. I also stopped receiving those emotions from gaming I used to receive but still it got like a habit to spend around 5-10 hours a week playing my favs :)

I just finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. That final phase of the end boss was painful. Great experience but I think the first Ori game is better.

Last edited:

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion

That's pretty spot on for me too. As long as I get the right game, it can suck me in like they did when I was younger.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
I usually can't get into single player games but I bought the new Resident Evil Friday night and put 5 hours into it over the weekend. Great game, highly recommended if you enjoyed re7 and 4