GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else mining

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
You should be able to setup an ethereum wallet and trade for dogecoin on Binance.us or Kraken.

Hardware wallets is how I lost $20,000. Definitely possible, but I cant write a guide on that at the moment. I would need to work up something that's foolproof with backups, and it's not something I want to rush.

How you lose 20K with hardware? Forgot the password?

the

Autocross Champion
How you lose 20K with hardware? Forgot the password?
Drive failure, no backup. It was during the first dogecoin boom and I was an idiot kid back then.

It was all mostly just for fun and you could mine hundreds of coins a day on a single card. It was a joke spinoff coin at the time and most people didnt take it seriously.

I literally traded 10,000 dogecoins for some league of legends cash cards back then.

The majority of my coins lost on a bad drive, a few hundred lost on bad passwords. Some drives just lost...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Drive failure, no backup. It was during the first dogecoin boom and I was an idiot kid back then.

It was all mostly just for fun and you could mine hundreds of coins a day on a single card. It was a joke spinoff coin at the time and most people didnt take it seriously.

I literally traded 10,000 dogecoins for some league of legends cash cards back then.

The majority of my coins lost on a bad drive, a few hundred lost on bad passwords. Some drives just lost...
Sounds like a great currency for elderly people.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

I traded 10k Dogecoin for a (stolen) code for a year of Netflix. It was worth like $5 at the time. One hell of a deal.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Been playing around my my 5700xt settings and managed to get 50+ MH/s at 115W 😳 down from 50@150 when I started

Reactions: the

the

Autocross Champion
Been playing around my my 5700xt settings and managed to get 50+ MH/s at 115W 😳 down from 50@150 when I started
That's impressive. I'm still procrastinating on getting my third card installed.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
That's impressive. I'm still procrastinating on getting my third card installed.

Card magically became unstable over the weekend; miner crashed on Sunday and I've been playing around with Volt/Hz settings to no avail yesterday and this morning. Radeon keeps telling me driver timeout, WhoCrashed doesn't have any info. Temps have looked okay so not sure why it's suddenly unstable after weeks of running at the same settings.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Card magically became unstable over the weekend; miner crashed on Sunday and I've been playing around with Volt/Hz settings to no avail yesterday and this morning. Radeon keeps telling me driver timeout, WhoCrashed doesn't have any info. Temps have looked okay so not sure why it's suddenly unstable after weeks of running at the same settings.

Does your video card follow Elon on Twitter? That could explain the unexpected crashes.

Last edited:

the

Autocross Champion
Card magically became unstable over the weekend; miner crashed on Sunday
Login to your T-rex dashboard at the 127.0.0.1:4067/trex address and download the latest version of T-rex, you should have an update available button. Keep in mind you will need to change update your personal credentials in the Eth-Ethermine batch file that comes with the update. Manually add your mining pool and Ethereum address.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I thought I had notifications enabled for this thread.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Login to your T-rex dashboard at the 127.0.0.1:4067/trex address and download the latest version of T-rex, you should have an update available button. Keep in mind you will need to change update your personal credentials in the Eth-Ethermine batch file that comes with the update. Manually add your mining pool and Ethereum address.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I thought I had notifications enabled for this thread.

My TRex machine is running really strong, it's been 24/7 for at least a couple weeks now. It's the AMD TeamRedMiner machine that was having issues. I DDU'd and updated Radeon drivers and that worked fine for about a week, but crashed again Weds night when I was out of town. Booted back up Thurs night with known stable settings and it ran for ~8hrs before crashing again with a driver timeout. Restarted the machine this morning and it's been running okay since, but we'll see how long it holds up.

the

Autocross Champion
My TRex machine is running really strong, it's been 24/7 for at least a couple weeks now. It's the AMD TeamRedMiner machine that was having issues. I DDU'd and updated Radeon drivers and that worked fine for about a week, but crashed again Weds night when I was out of town. Booted back up Thurs night with known stable settings and it ran for ~8hrs before crashing again with a driver timeout. Restarted the machine this morning and it's been running okay since, but we'll see how long it holds up.
What kind of Temps?

It may be best to revert any clock changes and start over. You're undervolted, right?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I don't have one of these miners, but since you have done driver updates my next piece of advice would be to monitor thermal.

Download something like HWMonitor and it will record your low/high temperature on that card. Check it the next time it crashes.

You may need to upgrade the thermal tape/compound or underclock a bit

I'm averaging 80C mem junction temps with a high of 84C. Thermal limit is something like 100C. I'm underclocked to ~950mV for ~115-117W power consumption and I know that I can (and have previously) go lower by maybe 15mV at the same clock speeds.

Right now I'm inclined to think it may be the Radeon software that comes with the drivers, but I'm not sure I'm ready to give that up and install just the driver. Not sure how it might impact FreeSync when gaming and all that lovely stuff.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
I'm averaging 80C mem junction temps with a high of 84C. Thermal limit is something like 100C. I'm underclocked to ~950mV for ~115-117W power consumption and I know that I can (and have previously) go lower by maybe 15mV at the same clock speeds.

Right now I'm inclined to think it may be the Radeon software that comes with the drivers, but I'm not sure I'm ready to give that up and install just the driver. Not sure how it might impact FreeSync when gaming and all that lovely stuff.

Do the System/Application logs on your OS help with diagnosing these GPU crashes?