GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone like blues (music)?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Big fan. Like old classic artists, BB King, Muddy Waters, Koko Taylo, John Lee Hooker, Etta James etc. Also like current offerings from Joe Bonamassa, Shemeika Copeland, Papa Chubby, Tinsley Ellis, Eric Gailes, Keb Mo and the like. Any others like the genre?

dasgti

Ready to race!
Heck yeah! Love me some Shemekia!!!

Have you heard of the Tedeschi Trucks Band? My favorite, seen em twice at the Chicago Theatre.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Heck yeah! Love me some Shemekia!!!

Have you heard of the Tedeschi Trucks Band? My favorite, seen em twice at the Chicago Theatre.

Oh yeah. "Keep on Growing" is on my Spotify shuffle play. Their rendition of Etta James "I'd rather Go Blind" gives me chills. Derek learned a lot from his daddy and former Allman Brothers bandmate Warren Haynes plays with them quite often. Waiting for TTB and Gov't Mule to play a show together near me. Heaven.

Edit: Just found out TTB is playing the amphitheatre at Heritage Park on July 6. My house backs up to the park right near the stage so I get to hear all the concerts like I was on the lawn. But my back deck is more comfy, the beer is much cheaper and no line at the bathroom :D. I'm pumped.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
We listen to it occasionally. There's a channel that plays a blend of everything except the rap, metal and other new crap they play nowadays.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I’m a fan, but my roots are Smooth Jazz/Jazz Fusion - Benoit, Grusin, Corea, Ritenour...etc.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
Jimmy Smith, Hammond B3, Leslie speaker! I appreciate the guitar guys, but bite of the Hammond, and Jimmy mumbling while he plays is my thing.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs, classic Hammond B3/Leslie.

Dig Fusion too, Miles Davis, Pat Methany, Jeff Lorber, Chick Corea, and Herbie Hancock are some of my favs.

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
love me some blues... listen to the new KWS record yet?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
love me some blues... listen to the new KWS record yet?

Only heard a couple songs from The Traveler. Good stuff, but then again, most anything he does is good stuff :).