GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone read any good books lately?

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Any genre in particular or are you just looking for suggestions in particular?

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
I haven't read it in a few years, but if you like fantasy (magic, swords, etc) The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is fantastic. My only issue is it's supposed to be a trilogy. He finished the second book 10 years ago and the final book has been in final edit for several years.
If you like sci-fi I really liked Red Rising by Pierce Brown. It's another trilogy, but then he wrote two more. I would stop after the third book though. I didn't care for volumes 4 and 5 as much. Part of it was it had been a few years between 1-3 and 4-5. I had forgotten many of the characters so it was harder to pick up the story.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
I started reading 1984 by George Orwell recently.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I haven't read it in a few years, but if you like fantasy (magic, swords, etc) The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is fantastic. My only issue is it's supposed to be a trilogy. He finished the second book 10 years ago and the final book has been in final edit for several years.
If you like sci-fi I really liked Red Rising by Pierce Brown. It's another trilogy, but then he wrote two more. I would stop after the third book though. I didn't care for volumes 4 and 5 as much. Part of it was it had been a few years between 1-3 and 4-5. I had forgotten many of the characters so it was harder to pick up the story.
Agreed on name of the wind.

Also Brent Weeks - Lightbringer & Night Angel series

Scott Lynch - anything

Brandon Sanderson - anything

People like Glen Cook, but I read them because I had started and have to finish reading anything I start, but didn't enjoy them at all. Just couldn't get close to the characters.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I bought name of the wind yesterday. I haven't read a fantasy book in over a decade. Thank you.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Just started Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir, author of The Martian.
I read his other book, Artemis and I didn't think it was that great.
But so far this new one seems better.

Also read this year that is worth mentioning:
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
The Effort by Claire Holroyde
The Future Is Yours by Dan Frey
Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline

I'm obviously a bit of a sci-fi fan.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. It is older released in 1997, and is his experience of the 1996 Mt. Everest disaster. Definitely a page turner.;

@Daks, good thread; I need a good read as it has been awhile.