GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

App-Connect activation

GlasgowGTD

New to the forum, apologies if this isn't in the correct section.

Took delivery of my 65 plate GTD a couple of weeks ago. I have the discovery pro media system. Anytime I click the "App-Connect" option to link the car and my iphone together it says "You can activate the function by means of an activation key. Please contact your dealer".

Naturally, I haven't contacted my dealer and I've came here instead. Does it cost to activate? Anybody got it working?

alan h

Ready to race!
I have indeed.
Car-Net is another difficulty I'm having. It thinks I drive a Passat in Berlin. I've written that off for now

as in the mobile app? if so mines the same passat but just throws me out, also noticed downloaded from google play as says demo in the corner. been told its not suitable for uk? if so thats a piss take

acoustic

Passed Driver's Ed
AppConnect was a £100 factory option. Have it but not overly impressed so far. U aint missing much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8250rpm

Passed Driver's Ed
If you have a 2016, App Connect should be standard, no extra charge after purchase.

Car-Net is an additional fee and not worth it, IMHO.

Car-Net is free here in the UK, I just signed up yesterday and need to put my code in today. App connect on the other hand, is not free.

Bungleaio

Ready to race!
I have the app connect via a MIB2 Pro system. I'm not sure if it should come free with it or not, I added it to my order just in case and it is working for me.

It's nice to have as it integrates my iPhone that bit more. Using siri on the move, reading texts to you along with having better access to music on the phone and spotify.

J400uk

Ready to race!
I haven't yet heard of anyone who's had it activated that didn't originally order? Apparently the dealer don't seem to know how to do it, at least in the UK anyway...