GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR STAGE 3 FULL OF CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
It would make sense that the Viper would win on a roll but not on a dig. The reason the Viper won from a dig is simple, the launch control lag when releasing the pedal on the R. The viper will win on a roll, that's a 128mph trap car, no stage 3 has trapped that high. Telling me that yep APR numbers are bullshit, a 3200lb AWD car with 500+ HP should trap 130+ but the APR cars are 118-122mph. 124mph being the absolute fastest 3+ I can find.

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
Pretty sure my IS38 R is faster lol

In all honesty, that R should have held up more... Unless we learned there is some serious work done to that Viper.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'll keep it simple, but you have a 463hp (stage 3 crank Golf R; assuming not Stg 3+ but if so 494hp) vs 510hp (Viper stock crank; with mods is more than that easily), 100lb weight difference. Comes down to aero and gearing at that point being so close but Viper does have the edge even on raw power. I'm not really surprised with the results. R might need a driver mod :D

I saw VAG's posts and a good driver should know how to drive his car. On a street light race, you know when the light is changing and can anticipate and compensate for the launch lag. The OP was worried about "allowing" the timing, but really he should be starting 1/2 second sooner knowing he won't move. He wouldn't be tripping any lights at the track so it's all fair IMO. Close races are made at the line.

Mk7CarbonSteel

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you sure that's a stage 3 R? A stage 1 is high 11s in itself. That may be a stage 2 r.

Last edited:

Cabra

Ready to race!
Race these two cars 10 times from a dig and I bet the Viper loses at least several times.
Its a driver's race. All about reaction time and launch. Its not like the Viper kept pulling bus lengths.
This Viper driver is mighty proud of his win, but lets see him try to fit 5 people in his car along with some groceries.

Chicagopd50

Race these two cars 10 times from a dig and I bet the Viper loses at least several times.
Its a driver's race. All about reaction time and launch. Its not like the Viper kept pulling bus lengths.
This Viper driver is mighty proud of his win, but lets see him try to fit 5 people in his car along with some groceries.
...hahaha if i race that car 10 times it would probably have turbo lag from heat or that dsg will over heat... my car is a low 11s car and consistent, N/A car.. no heat issues what's so ever, I don't even have headers.. just cat deletes and cat backs with a tune.. i race that car 3 times and beat it 3 times on different days though.. all in all just letting u guys know APR is full of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.