GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are any of you guys big music/live music fans?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I'm a music addict, and travel the country seeing my favorite artists Pretty Lights and Tipper wherever I possibly can, finances permitting. Wanna see if anyone on here is a music junkie like me. Age might also be a useful bit of info as it definitely has an effect on the kind of music you're likely to be into ;)

I'm 23. I like funk music(Motet, Lettuce, Turkuaz, etc), jam music (The Disco Biscuits, String Cheese Incident, Papadosio, etc), hip hop (mostly the golden age stuff, late 80's and 90's, none of the crap that's been on the radio since the 2000's hit), and more than anything else, electronic music.

Now, i'm very specific with my interests in electronic. To many of you reading this who're above the age of 30, it all might "sound the same" to you, but in fact there are more subgenres of electronic music than there are genres of music outside of it. i like exclusively 90BPM-based (aka hip hop tempo) electro soul and glitch hop. Pretty Lights, the guy i mentioned in the first sentence of this post, pioneered the Electro Soul subgenre. And Tipper, the other guy, put Glitch Hop on blast as the next big wave in underground dance music culture.

The reason I thought to post this is because a guy in a facebook group I'm in for Pretty Lights fans just posted a pic of his MK7 with a PL sticker on it, and it got me thinking... If I'm finding fellow GTI owners in one community, maybe I'll find fellow music lovers with similar tastes as me in the GTI community...

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I'm sure there's some older guys here who followed the Dead, or at least saw Floyd/Zeppelin a few times...

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure there's a bunch of big music guys here. I love Pretty Lights. I wouldn't say I'm a huge EDM fan but I dabble. More of a Alternative, Punk, Pop-punk, Hardcore, Metalcore guy. I go to shows, (time permitting) but I don't go as often as I used to in college.

Last edited:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I'm sure there's a bunch of big music guys here. I love Pretty Lights. I wouldn't say I'm a huge EDM fan but I dabble. More of a Alternative, Punk, Pop-punk, Hardcore, Metalcore guy. I go to shows, (time permitting) but I don't go as often as I used to in college.

Awesome! Your presence on here is almost identical to a guy who's the main moderator in PLF (the fb group for PL fans) lol. it's cool you like him (Pretty Lights, that is). I just saw him play a 2-night show the 30th and NYE in New Orleans. My 33rd and 34th shows [emoji14]

I have a nickname amongst my PL friends around the country cause i'm always the sober one who'll fit 8 people in my lil GTI and get everyone back to the hotel safely, and ~quickly~ ;) they call me Tokyo Coop hahahaha

Anyway PL's coming out with a new album April 20th, check it out!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
We used to travel the U.S. to see my wife's favorite singer when he was on tour, my schedule permitting.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
*raises hand*

Yeah I've been really into music my whole life. I travel all over as well to go to festivals and whatnot. Seen pretty lights a bunch of times, tipper only once 2 years ago at sonic bloom. Was a great time, I'm prob going back to sonic bloom this summer.

Hell yeah! that's what i'm lookin for. And you've been a mod on other forums? Most people in the circuit have a #1 act... Who's yours?

jmal2005

Ready to race!
Muse concert in June and 7 days later Chance the Rapper! I like all types of music :p