GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AS-7609 Issues

SyntaxTerror

I received my AS-7609 from AudioSources about 3 weeks ago.

2 of the wires on the wiring harness were not correctly connected, one had come completely away from the mount. I re-soldered these to the connector (matching the layout). But not a promising start!

Here are the issues i have had so far:
1. Noise from the speakers when the system is switched on (quiet hiss, enough to be annoying.)
2. Buzzing noise from the speakers when the lights are switched on! - AS helped me trace this back to the aerial input, for now i am leaving it disconnected which prevents the noise from the lights, and have yet to find a solution.
3. Does not switch on/off with the cars ignition! Initially this worked, now fails.

Anyone experienced (and hopefully solved!) any of the above issues? I've been contacting AS, but the time difference seems to make it quite slow.

Edit: The Can adapter is labelled Golf6, but my car is a 2008 GTI ED30, i think this is correct as this was the year they changed the CAN version? is that right?

Hansen

Ready to race!
You can change the CAN BUS Version in Factory Settings. Switch to Radio, Volume 2 and the Home button hold 3sec. Maybe helps.
Plz check the Noise when the Radio Antenna plug off.

jeppe777

Ready to race!
I received my AS-7609 from AudioSources about 3 weeks ago.

2 of the wires on the wiring harness were not correctly connected, one had come completely away from the mount. I re-soldered these to the connector (matching the layout). But not a promising start!

Here are the issues i have had so far:
1. Noise from the speakers when the system is switched on (quiet hiss, enough to be annoying.)
2. Buzzing noise from the speakers when the lights are switched on! - AS helped me trace this back to the aerial input, for now i am leaving it disconnected which prevents the noise from the lights, and have yet to find a solution.
3. Does not switch on/off with the cars ignition! Initially this worked, now fails.

Anyone experienced (and hopefully solved!) any of the above issues? I've been contacting AS, but the time difference seems to make it quite slow.

Edit: The Can adapter is labelled Golf6, but my car is a 2008 GTI ED30, i think this is correct as this was the year they changed the CAN version? is that right?

I have had all your issues.

1. My hiss does not go away with the antenna unplugged.

2. The canbus you have is faulty, I had the same problem the unit would not switch off with ignition. Tell AS to send you a new one

SyntaxTerror

@jeppe777:
I'm glad i'm not the only one in this situation! Thanks for the info, will req a new Can adapter. Also, the noise does not entirely disappear when removing the antenna, just the buzzing generated when the lights are on. The low level hiss remains.

@hansen
Thanks, had no idea this menu existed. Very useful! I notice that my CAN bus was set to Tiguan, with options (and my presumed compatibility) of:
Magotan (Golf MK5 pre 2008?)
Mazda 3 & 6 (er no.)
Bestrun B5C&B7C (eh?)
Tiguan (2008+ MK5?)

Tried a switch to Magotan, no perceived difference. Still no change in ignition behaviour. I'm pretty sure it should be set to Tiguan (tell me i am wrong!)

Thanks gents :)

SyntaxTerror

Hmm, Thought i would update this thread a bit:

AS are basically being utterly abysmal with helping me out. The CAN-BUS adapter is clearly faulty, and they are refusing to send me a new one. Even going so far as to tell me that the unit failing to turn on/off with the ignition is the correct behaviour! I have even sent photos + videos of the problems.

If you have managed to receive a new Can adapter, could you let me know how you managed this?

---- EDIT ----
They have now agreed to send me a new Can-Bus adapter!
---- EDIT ---

Last edited:

oz666

music player on 7609

Hello,
Can you kindly post some photos with the player on this device?
I want to see the layout for the playlist.
Thank you.