GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Assault Weapons Ban Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
I can identify any of those characteristics in anyone by moving the proverbial goal post wherever I want? Who makes the determination of untrained, uneducated, and unworthy? Completely to opinion? Whos?
One could also say the same thing about voting...
I think we, as a society are so unworthy to all that we have, but you’re right, who am I to say? As far as guns go, it’s a tool for taking life. I believe that it’s far too easy for anyone to purchase a gun. I can only speak from my perspective, that of someone that has trained to kill, or save a live. I can say that I’ve given up my freedom to serve what I thought was right and just, by what I was taught and what I understood. I have always thought that it’s important to earn my priveliged life, and I’ve done so in earnest. I am no better than anyone else, and I’m not in any position of power or ability to say what what is best for you or anyone else. I only know that we have too many guns in too many untrained hands with uneducated brains, without enough regard to those that choose not have guns or cannot have guns, and their safety. I don’t have kids but I do consider how difficult it would be to worry about them all the time. Although I don’t enjoy mass gatherings, I think that we should have a reasonable expectation not to be shot if we go to one (like a concert or parade).

Mass shootings are still very rare, but getting more and more common. I think it’s time to address the issue, even if imperfect, and I’d support anything that encourages less gun use. Doubtful I’ll change any minds here, but I do think it’s important to consider differing perspectives. Thanks for considering my perspective.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
I think we, as a society are so unworthy to all that we have, but you’re right, who am I to say? As far as guns go, it’s a tool for taking life. I believe that it’s far too easy for anyone to purchase a gun. I can only speak from my perspective, that of someone that has trained to kill, or save a live. I can say that I’ve given up my freedom to serve what I thought was right and just, by what I was taught and what I understood. I have always thought that it’s important to earn my priveliged life, and I’ve done so in earnest. I am no better than anyone else, and I’m not in any position of power or ability to say what what is best for you or anyone else. I only know that we have too many guns in too many untrained hands with uneducated brains, without enough regard to those that choose not have guns or cannot have guns, and their safety. I don’t have kids but I do consider how difficult it would be to worry about them all the time. Although I don’t enjoy mass gatherings, I think that we should have a reasonable expectation not to be shot if we go to one (like a concert or parade).

Mass shootings are still very rare, but getting more and more common. I think it’s time to address the issue, even if imperfect, and I’d support anything that encourages less gun use. Doubtful I’ll change any minds here, but I do think it’s important to consider differing perspectives. Thanks for considering my perspective.
Yeah...man...not my place to bludgeon you about how you feel or what your opinion is...my intent is to provoke thought on the issue...not profess to be an arbiter of truth or misinformation nor to I self profess to have a majority position...therefore am correct... The NIJ study released in 2004 about the previous ban concluded it had little to no effect. "We cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation's recent drop in gun violence. And, indeed, there has been no discernible reduction in the lethality and injuriousness of gun violence" ; " It is thus premature to make definitive assessments of the ban's impact on gun violence. Should it be renewed, the ban's effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement". Summation...criminals are going to criminal, regardless of the law...

A new tactic used(by media) with the numbers are adding the number of suicides by gun with homicides to bump up the overall numbers of "gun" crime. Which from my perspective, discussing violent gun crime makes the numbers look worse than they really are. Also, if a bunch of known gang idiots in large cities shoot each over nonsense...why does what I buy or possess matter? Our government gave hundreds millions of dollars in weapons to the taliban...but they want to tell you....you cant own an AR? solve that calculus for me....

In general...regardless of what the 5pm news shows you....you are safer today in American than you where 30-40 years ago, and there are more firearms around today in possession of people than 30 to 40 years ago...

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer

Guns are a tool. Period. A good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. The Indiana mall hero demonstrated this. 15 seconds. Some cities have a police response time of 2 hours. Laws don't stop criminals, won't stop 3D printers. Statistically, gun free zones are the most dangerous. Yes, we need more training. Yes, we need to get to the root of the problem. It's not guns, it's not the laws, it's mental illness. An armed populace discourages mass shooters. I know locally a lot of people carry, little old ladies with magnums. Even the crazy people here know they will get shot. It's a deterrent. I do have kids, and I'm not worried about mass gatherings. I'm more afraid of our rights being stripped away.
How many more people are killed by cars? Are they making licensing harder, driver training more intensive? No. How about heart attacks and diabetes? Are we shutting down McDonalds? No. Drug overdoses at an all time high, are they stopping big Pharma? No. Historically, every disarmed population is abused by their government. The writing is on the wall, but few are paying attention.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Guns are a tool. Period. A good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. The Indiana mall hero demonstrated this. 15 seconds. Some cities have a police response time of 2 hours. Laws don't stop criminals, won't stop 3D printers. Statistically, gun free zones are the most dangerous. Yes, we need more training. Yes, we need to get to the root of the problem. It's not guns, it's not the laws, it's mental illness. An armed populace discourages mass shooters. I know locally a lot of people carry, little old ladies with magnums. Even the crazy people here know they will get shot. It's a deterrent. I do have kids, and I'm not worried about mass gatherings. I'm more afraid of our rights being stripped away.
How many more people are killed by cars? Are they making licensing harder, driver training more intensive? No. How about heart attacks and diabetes? Are we shutting down McDonalds? No. Drug overdoses at an all time, are they stopping big Pharma? No. Historically, every disarmed population is abused by their government. The writing is on the wall, but few are paying attention.
Wait...spoons aren't response-ible for the beedus?

Last edited:

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Meh, most of the stuff they're banning in this bill is stupid anyway. If your glock has a 30 round magazine, you're a goon. If you have a threaded barrel and muzzle brake on a pistol you carry every day, you're a goon. If you have a red dot on your EDC, you're a goon. All any of that does is slow down your draw. A properly trained user with multiple normal sized magazines is far more effective.
I have a threaded barrel because I own suppressors. I guess I’m a goon with a red dot as we’ll.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
How many more people are killed by cars? Are they making licensing harder, driver training more intensive? No. How about heart attacks and diabetes? Are we shutting down McDonalds? No. Drug overdoses at an all time high, are they stopping big Pharma? No. Historically, every disarmed population is abused by their government. The writing is on the wall, but few are paying attention.
True, but:

It's woke prosecutors that hand out minor charges for major offenses.
It's woke DA's that pick and choose which laws to enforce and which to not depending on your ideology and social identification.
It's a woke DOJ that prioritizes emptying prisons and invasive investigations over providing a deterrent via the correctional system.

There is no deterrent. The immediate effect is chaos. the end game is anarchy.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
True, but:

It's woke DA's that pick and choose which laws to enforce and which to not depending on your ideology and social identification.
It's a woke DOJ that prioritizes emptying prisons and invasive investigations over providing a deterrent via the correctional system.

Careful of your wrong think. They're watching... :ROFLMAO:

Protesters-768x456-3651139540.jpg

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
True, but:

Don't forget the federal government "lost" hundreds of millions of dollars in weapons in Afghanistan and continues to "give" to Ukraine. Apparently.... they have a need for rifles...but....as a US citizen...they don't want you to have a standard AR....the clown show continues...

https://babylonbee.com/news/fbi-adds-itself-to-fbi-watch-list

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
1659742188374.png

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Who's line.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.