GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Assault Weapons Ban Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
My thinking is, The capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device at some location outside of the pistol grip could be interpreted to mean an extended magazine, and since there are companies that make extended mags for most popular pistols... I don't know what they mean, since I've never heard of what seems to say some kind of aluminum something. Does any mag manufacturer make mags from aluminum? All it might take is one. Anyone know what the bill refers to? It's the weirdest wording I ever saw. Mags attach at a point in the grip. Does any company make a spare tubular mag system for any pistol that is detachable? Perhaps there is to get around the standard box magazine standard. I never take it for granted there are intelligent anti-gun freaks that know something I don't. Leave to the 75 Soros-funded DAs to persecute and let you wait for years until it gets to the SC, which if Republicans lose the Senate, can go left.
This is for the ar pistol platform. The magazine Is not in the pistol grip, but in front of. The purpose Is to limit a pistol to a standard style and anything else needs to be a 16" barrel rifle. This part of the bill will outlaw ar pistols, ak pistols and all pcc that is classified as a pistol due to the short barrel.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
^^^ what he said.

This is aiming (pun intended) on targeting (pun intended again) the AR/AK pistols, and those in a similar vein.

Honestly I could care less about them outlawing these firearms. So meh.

I wish the bill would have also bumped the age of ownership to 21 and closed the face to face loophole.

Then again, maybe this or something more mild would pass both sides of the asile if our elected representatives listened to the majority of their constituents, rather than the all might lobby dollar.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
How many AR/AK pistol/PCCs have been used in hommie-cides around the country? Why target those?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Meanwhile, that’s all I buy. Not sure why a PCC or AR pistol is more deadly than the rifle form. 🤷‍♂️

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Meanwhile, that’s all I buy. Not sure why a PCC or AR pistol is more deadly than the rifle form. 🤷‍♂️
Feels before reals...it's why nothing gets done...they are not actually interested in factual information.... Just like putting a vertical grip on it makes it an illegal SBR(without a tax stamp)....if the barrel is less than 16in. Not sure if the BATFE just made that up through interpretation of text, executive fiat or an actual stated NFA rule...

break:break:
Can we raise the draft to 21 as well?

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Yup it’s all silly shit. Like how is a $200 tax stamp going to make that gun any different? It’s a bullshit scam. Just like charging a tax for a suppressor which is for hearing protection.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Yup it’s all silly shit. Like how is a $200 tax stamp going to make that gun any different? It’s a bullshit scam. Just like charging a tax for a suppressor which is for hearing protection.
but the hollywood shows...it's more deadly...pew...pew... A person can walk around an entire crowd of people....and pew...pew....it's a "ghost" gun...no one can hear it...

Corprin

Autocross Champion
How many AR/AK pistol/PCCs have been used in hommie-cides around the country? Why target those?

Weren’t you the one that also said:

and blame the boogieman of the hr in the news cycle... for clicks... continued fear pron.

With the number of thinly veiled “*.ist” tropes you’ve posted today alone, it seems you dabble in subjectivation via said fear. But that’s just what I observe based on the limited sample here.

As an aside, I’ve always found it funny when people rant about “they don’t know what they are talking about” then post information that clearly demonstrates a lack in understanding of the very subject referenced.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
I don't believe the statements you are "calling me" out for make the point you think they are making, but none the less...continue the passive aggressiveness. You've said you don't care about "these firearms"....soooo....why continue to engage? Are your postings trying to exercise control over what people may or may not think or say? Shamming language directed specifically at an individual is a usual a tactic for that...

Banning PCCs, and AR/AK pistols is exactly fearing mongering...the majority of gun violence is committed using handguns, male on male under the age of 40, in Chicago(where's the trope?..)...What is the thread topic legislation attempting to fix....Watching the committee (of the passed bill, sent to the senate...) speak in their own words about guns...shows the ones legislating are the people that have no true idea about function of firearms or firearm parts. Yet making blatantly false statements about on what gun parts are and what they do. The trope(s) of the argument are majority on one side of the argument. Government(s) legislating on "feelings" about issues instead of factual information has unintended consequences for the average individuals.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I tend to not invite convicted felons or mental unstable people on or around my property, and tend to use my gut while out in public to distance myself and family from people displaying such behaviors. By "accessible for use..." do you mean stealing...that's already illegal. If someone steals my car, then drives drunk, and cashes into an innocent person...I am responsible, the car, the alcohol or the individual who performed the actions.

What does a convicted felon or someone who has been adjudicated incompetent look like? What does a person with a misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence look like? Can you pick one or of a croud, out of your super bowl party? I’m genuinely curious. If you have this capability with even a modicum of consistency I have a job for you. As for your questions about someone stealing, did you read the text of the bill, or did you just jump straight to whataboutism?

and blame the boogieman of the hr in the news cycle... for clicks... continued fear pron. Even if "something" does make it through...court precedent of 3 or 4 cases at this point make most of the bill moot.

GCA and AWB were argued and upheld numerous times by SCOUS and lower courts. This bill simply adds to those established and well defended laws.

Between the boating accident, TSA loosing my luggage, and a RV fire....I lost everything.

That’s a felony if you report this to avoid the government from legally confiscating your firearms.

Almost all the division between people is sowed for agenda purposes, distracting from the actual root of issues...continuing to treat a "simp"-tome and not the actual disease... Funny how 30 people...drinking something like 170 bottles or alcohol accomplished more in 2 days than congress in 30-40 years...

You went back and edited this post four times. Your reference to a “simp” was enough to put you into a specific stereotype, but let’s go on.

One can assume this to be racist.
Feels before reals...it's why nothing gets done...they are not actually interested in factual information.... Just like putting a vertical grip on it makes it an illegal SBR(without a tax stamp)....if the barrel is less than 16in.

So, where is the factual information?

Not sure if the BATFE just made that up through interpretation of text, executive fiat or an actual stated NFA rule...

BATFE didn’t make up that rule, seems like you did, and that doesn’t make it fact.

I am simply pointing out the fact that your posts are filled with some very telling and stereotypical hallmarks and uninformed/misinformed rhetoric. 🤷‍♂️

I get that you are mad about this bill, it’s very upsetting to a minority of the US population.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I don't believe the statements you are "calling me" out for make the point you think they are making, but none the less...continue the passive aggressiveness. You've said you don't care about "these firearms"....soooo....? Are your postings trying to exercise control over what people may or may not think or say? Shamming language directed specifically at an individual is a usual a tactic for that...

Banning PCCs, and AR/AK pistols is exactly fearing mongering...the majority of gun violence is committed using handguns, male on male under the age of 40, in Chicago(where's the trope?..)...What is the thread topic legislation attempting to fix....Watching the committee (of the passed bill, sent to the senate...) speak in their own words about guns...shows the ones legislating are the people that have no true idea about function of firearms or firearm parts. Yet making blatantly false statements about on what gun parts are and what they do. The trope are majority on one side of the argument. Legislating on how we "feel" about things has conquences for the average individuals.

Man you gotta stop adding to your posts. Makes it difficult to keep tract with what you are trying to say. As for your addition.. I think it’s safe to say I’m not a very passive aggressive type, but feel free to continue to use your shaming language against others. 😉

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Nadler stated....the point of the bill is to ban firearms in common use. Which it is illegal to ban something in common use, no matter how someone feels about the issue. Separate note... BAFTE as reinterpeted text on multiple occassions to try and ban or restrict items that have been legal for years.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Nadler stated....the point of the bill is to ban firearms in common use. Which it is illegal to ban something in common use, no matter how someone feels about it. Separate note... Have you read any parts of the NFA? BAFTE as reinterpeted text on multiple occassions to try and ban or restrict items that have been legal for years...

Yes, I’m quite well versed on firearms law.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
So you understand...why saying the intent with the legislation is to ban items in common use...is against "the law..." and established court precedent? So whatever intent to argue about my opinion or wrong think on the matter is meaningless. The proposed laws have been tried for multiple decades in large cities (the criminals, still criminal) and have failed to have any meaningful reduction in crime. Why is gun crime committed in gun free zones? Studies have been done on the previous 1994 AWB and found little to no affect.

Is the issue about curbing gun violence or being the authority on what people should or should not own? We would need to make policy on factual information, but facts on issues don't generally make the 11pm news. Legislating on actual FBI crime stats, would require analysis...the average congress critter cares little about. On violent crime as a whole...where is the data showing the rifle with a detachable magazine, a pistol grip, adjustable stock, etc... is the problem? If the problem was solely caused by availability of firearms...the swiss would have the same issue, violent crime is not a thing in japan...wonder why?

Last edited:

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
What does a convicted felon or someone who has been adjudicated incompetent look like? What does a person with a misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence look like? Can you pick one or of a croud, out of your super bowl party? I’m genuinely curious. If you have this capability with even a modicum of consistency I have a job for you. As for your questions about someone stealing, did you read the text of the bill, or did you just jump straight to whataboutism? They usually continue to make run ins with law enforcement and continue demonstrate behavior and activities with little regard for law (what is the recidivism rate of offenders?).....and by truely knowing people, who other hang out with, and what they do to earn a living....can tell you about their character. Lead people for any length of time...you pick up tells the majority of people have...in a crowd they generally... people that have a certain figettly or completely disconnected behavior( an extreme)...doesn't mean they are a threat just someone to have SA on...

GCA and AWB were argued and upheld numerous times by SCOUS and lower courts. This bill simply adds to those established and well defended laws. That's great...hasn't data and studies shown the policy did little to nothing for crime reduction?

That’s a felony if you report this to avoid the government from legally confiscating your firearms. Sigh...sarcasm, but those laws can very state to state, but per federal law I believe FFLs are the only one required to report.. You're statement isn't 100 percent and may be fail-able..say it aint so.... I have never professed nor profess to be the arbiter of truth on the forum or thread, nor have I .... in general... posted alluding to constantly being the smartest or most well verse in the room om any discussed topic...

You went back and edited this post four times. Your reference to a “simp” was enough to put you into a specific stereotype, but let’s go on. Easily triggered by language? Excited to stereotype...

One can assume this to be racist. hommie-side is a referring to being gang violence being predominate in Chicago ...A hommie...can be any race. Your attempt to prove something is infantile at best...According to FBI states gun crime is committed in Chicago, using handguns, by african american males...killing african american males, factual information racist? Never addressing the problem and continuing to call facts on issues racist attempts to stop diaglog....and it has nothing to do with skin color.... socioeconomics of broken families, and crappy school systems...caused by continued failed government policy...in general...usually policy championed by "the left", when data on years of failure and no progress is available...the continue to double down...on failure.

So, where is the factual information? What's your actual question, adding a vertical grip to a pistol....makes it an NFA item, though you said you were familiar? Only legal with the government approved tithe...feel free to correct my misconception...telling me I am wrong about something with evidence doesn't make me REEEE, I'm sure the government tax stamps every sbr, and every supressor, they own right...

BATFE didn’t make up that rule, seems like you did, and that doesn’t make it fact. ATF has reinterpreted multiple pieces of equipment or ammo on a whim under multiple occasions....via letters....or memo...through exec fiat power they don't have or wield. Even after ATF itself has deemed those parts to be perfectly legal in the past...

I am simply pointing out the fact that your posts are filled with some very telling and stereotypical hallmarks and uninformed/misinformed rhetoric. 🤷‍♂️ Easy to keep making this statement....instead of actually refuting anything...

I get that you are mad about this bill, it’s very upsetting to a minority of the US population. Only one up in the feels... is the one continually directing the conversion at or about me...feel free to ignore me at any time...or continue... to keep "righting" the forum threads...from subjective wrong think. Are you trying to marginalize me bro.... So sure of our self about the majority position...hubris

Bottom line in all this nonsense...the quite part during committee was said out loud...you cannot ban items in common use....whether you believe in gun control or not is meaningless...when it pertains to this bill..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.