GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Atlas Recall.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yikes

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
It seems there are several signs of the failure prior to happening, like the airbag light. So far ours is issue free. I wonder if environmental conditions lead to the harness corrosion, like road salt.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It seems there are several signs of the failure prior to happening, like the airbag light. So far ours is issue free. I wonder if environmental conditions lead to the harness corrosion, like road salt.

Its weird they didn’t list the 2018 Atlas as effected by the recall. The one in my recent video is a 2018 IIRC.

I’m sure being proactive to clean the areas in question can help prevent issues in the mean time (especially for those in the rust belt as you mentioned).

Btw, let’s see the new ride! I haven’t seen it yet.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Its weird they didn’t list the 2018 Atlas as effected by the recall. The one in my recent video is a 2018 IIRC.

I’m sure being proactive to clean the areas in question can help prevent issues in the mean time (especially for those in the rust belt as you mentioned).

Btw, let’s see the new ride! I haven’t seen it yet.
This is the only pic I have. I’ll grab better ones once the damn pollen apocalypse is done, 😂 A73CCA13-AF13-409A-B0EA-CB37CE80C5F9.jpeg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
2018’s were 1st Gen Atlas. I’m guessing they changed up the harness somehow, but it is odd that they wouldn’t be included.

jmg

This was an easy fix by our dealership. It literally only took an hour or so to remedy. Crossing fingers that it was a effective fix!