GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWD Ground trick for LPFP???

mw1978

Ready to race!
Does anyone heard about ground trick with 450 LPFP???

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
1603233222112.png

Hoon

Autocross Champion
There's one "tuner" in particular who popularized this hack shit.

As you can guess he's well known for irresponsible tuning, lying, deceit, and free window installation.

mw1978

Ready to race!

As you can guess he's well known for irresponsible tuning, lying, deceit, and free window installation.
Matt I think I know who you're talking about he he

so correct settings in Maestro should work
well???

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

My house does need new windows...

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
PM4.

Not ghetto "solutions" popularized by hack tuners.

Should I be concerned running a 450 without PM4? (well, since my engine failed nothing is running but do you reckon I should be adding PM4 to my rebuild list?)

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
You can run a 450 just have to keep pump duty to around 83% I believe. You should absolutely add a pm4 to your list

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
A
You can run a 450 just have to keep pump duty to around 83% I believe. You should absolutely add a pm4 to your list
Appreciate the response. Added to the never ending list 👍

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Should I be concerned running a 450 without PM4? (well, since my engine failed nothing is running but do you reckon I should be adding PM4 to my rebuild list?)

You can turn down the output of the LPFP in the tune to keep it safe without a PM4, but then you don't get the full benefit of the pump.

People were trying to run thicker wires and keep the output cranked up, like that would magically change the amperage the pump draws. It can give you a slight increase in efficiency, but not enough to be a viable solution.

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
You can turn down the output of the LPFP in the tune to keep it safe without a PM4, but then you don't get the full benefit of the pump.

People were trying to run thicker wires and keep the output cranked up, like that would magically change the amperage the pump draws. It can give you a slight increase in efficiency, but not enough to be a viable solution.

Thanks for the input Hoon. With everything else being done, doesn’t make sense not to do it properly and pick up a PM4.