Votes: 32 39.5%
  • Wendys

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Other, specify in comments

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
I know there's some new ones dropping in the chicken wars but of the current crop, who you got? I still find Popeyes King of the chicken sandwich wars. I've tried KFC (Old variant, heard they got a new one dropping soon), Chick Fil A, and Wendy. Haven't tried BK or McD. Heard BK dropping a new one soon also.

It's hard to beat the size of Popeyes sandwich and price. The spice is perfect if you go with the spicy version. I think Chick Fil A was most disappointing for me. Small and pricey. The flavor wasn't bad, I just preferred Popeyes cajun flav better.

What say you?

torga

Autocross Champion
Can I give Chik-Fil-A a negative vote? Fucking nasty. Popeye's all day.

I can think of much better chicken sandwiches than Popeye's, but this clearly seems like a poll between national fast food chains. So I'll stick with that.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Zaxbys for me. Bk sucks, KFC really sucks, I work next to a Wendys so I eat there nearly every day, Mcdonalds sucks, Popeyes is too far, Chickfila lines are just dumb wtf is wrong with people.

Love the kickin chicken sandwich at Zaxbys though. I'd also put Pollo Tropical and PDQ ahead of every other place on the list. Pollo Tropicals grilled chicken is so good. Those last 2 places are mostly just in FL though, but Zaxbys is a little more national.

torga

Autocross Champion
I can't get Zaxbys or Pollo where I'm at, so I can't consider those. I've had Pollo Tropical before, and they're great.

Raising Cane's and Chicken Express are other regional chains that do good chicken.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I can't get Zaxbys or Pollo where I'm at, so I can't consider those. I've had Pollo Tropical before, and they're great.

Raising Cane's and Chicken Express are other regional chains that do good chicken.
I get the chicken caesar wrap from Pollo Tropical when I go there usually...I've never had grilled chicken from a fast food joint that tasted that good. It's legit grilled and actually tastes like it was. It's more what I would expect to see at a sit down restaurant.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Haven't heard of Pollo Tropical or Zaxbys here in Jersey. So I guess I'm going with the ones you would probably catch a radio advertisement/tv commercial for, lol.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Zaxbys for me. Bk sucks, KFC really sucks, I work next to a Wendys so I eat there nearly every day, Mcdonalds sucks, Popeyes is too far, Chickfila lines are just dumb wtf is wrong with people.

Love the kickin chicken sandwich at Zaxbys though. I'd also put Pollo Tropical and PDQ ahead of every other place on the list. Pollo Tropicals grilled chicken is so good. Those last 2 places are mostly just in FL though, but Zaxbys is a little more national.

lol, whenever you drive by a Chick Fil A, it looks like a Nascar race lining up. 2 lanes filled from front to back. I feel bad for those workers there out in the freezing cold. You get to the part where they got to pass you the food and it's like 4 of them standing outside. Feel like I'm about to get my tires swapped at the pit stop. It looks overly complicated and crazy for what it is.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
A normal week probably involves about 4 4 for 4's from Wendys, with the chicken sandwich. It's too much fast food, so I'm not a big fan of any of them. The places that aren't so national seem to have better tasting and higher quality food, so the places I really like are places like Zaxbys, Pollo Tropical, PDQ, Culvers, Jersey Mikes, Jasons Deli or Firehouse subs.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
lol, whenever you drive by a Chick Fil A, it looks like a Nascar race lining up. 2 lanes filled from front to back. I feel bad for those workers there out in the freezing cold. You get to the part where they got to pass you the food and it's like 4 of them standing outside. Feel like I'm about to get my tires swapped at the pit stop. It looks overly complicated and crazy for what it is.

I used to like Chick-Fil-A, but it's seriously the Starbucks of the chicken sandwich world, it's just too hipster. I drove past one a couple weekends ago, 3PM in the afternoon not a lunch rush or high volume time.....two lines with more than 20 cars in each. I don't know if they were giving stuff away free or if they had topless check out girls but that's just stupid.

Also, I don't really eat sandwiches much but am hooked on Popeye's normal chicken, can't get it near me so have it rarely when I want to drive. There's a Zaxby's nearby too never stopped in but maybe I'll try to make a stop next time we're going past.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
A normal week probably involves about 4 4 for 4's from Wendys, with the chicken sandwich. It's too much fast food, so I'm not a big fan of any of them. The places that aren't so national seem to have better tasting and higher quality food, so the places I really like are places like Zaxbys, Pollo Tropical, PDQ, Culvers, Jersey Mikes, Jasons Deli or Firehouse subs.

We have a few Jersey Mikes. They're okay... but quite expensive in comparison to some other sandwich joints. Firehouse Subs is AWESOME but we only have 3 of them in Jersey and no where near me really. Whenever I went on some Maryland drives for my job, Firehouse Subs was my go to lunch spot. The smokehouse beef and cheddar brisket is heaven.

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Haven't heard of Pollo Tropical or Zaxbys here in Jersey. So I guess I'm going with the ones you would probably catch a radio advertisement/tv commercial for, lol.

Pollo Tropical used to be in Jersey but they pulled out few years ago. It is actually very, very good food for being a "fast food" place. Grilled chicken, rice and beans combo is great for the price and a somewhat healthy meal.