Votes: 32 39.5%
  • Wendys

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Other, specify in comments

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Common here too and around me when I grew up (SF bay area before Silicon Valley ate it).

I don't get the "hollow smile" feeling from these guys at all. Or if I ever have, it's been so rare as to not remember it occurring.
I'll buy regional differences then. I'm basically in a suburb of Philly; it's a bit of a culture clash.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys. Been awhile. So I've tried a few more since my last post and now think the best is tied between Popeyes and Burger King. BK's sauce is killer and plenty of flavor. Probably the strongest point with it and why I've moved it right there next to Popeyes. I would say then in 3rd place I'd put Chick Fil A.

The worst I tried was McDonalds followed by Wendys and then KFC. McDonalds was just bland and the sauce did nothing for me or the chicken patty. Wendy's reminded me of their old variation so I'm not sure they even updated it much but it was advertised as being "new" at my Wendys. KFC's new one was disappointing because I thought it would be a more direct competition for Popeyes minus the cajun flavor. Honestly, I didn't care for KFC's sauce much and thought the patty was too small overall and not worth the extra dollar they charge over Popeyes.

I also feel like because Popeyes is only 3.99, it is really hard to beat in overall value for what you're getting and flavor. If BK is on par with Popeyes, Popeye still wins overall with pricing.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Royal farms chicken sandwich is by far the best IMHO. Tested a bunch one day from place to place and ate them while they were hot. KFC sandy is trash

Had one last night! Definitely top 3 so far 👌. Great bun, tender juicy chicken pickles and an aioli sauce for $3.99

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Had one last night! Definitely top 3 so far 👌. Great bun, tender juicy chicken pickles and an aioli sauce for $3.99

I got to try one there. I had their chicken strips one time on a work trip to Delaware on the way home and it was very tasty for what I considered gas station chicken lol. We don't have Royal Farms in Jersey though so unless I have another trip down there, I don't think I'll get a chance to try one anytime soon.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
I don't know if you Southron folk have Mary Brown's Chicken, but it's decent. Just a big fried chicken breast, just crunchy enough, little bit of lettuce, mayo, and pickles. The bun could use improvement. Oh yeah, you can have it spicy or with Buffalo sauce if you like.

Rather than fries, they have big potato wedges with the skin on that are floured and cooked in a pressure fryer. The C-Store next to my high school would serve us a giant clamshell full of those for 50¢ back in the day, with all the ketchup you wanted, and I've loved them ever since. Mary's gravy is total shit though.

Last edited:

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
^this. My wife has perfected her chicken sandwich. Grilled chicken breast, fresh bacon lettuce and tomato, good cheese, locally made brioche rolls and...home made fries. As the ad Arby's says chef's smooch! We have this Sundays often

But BurgurFi and Burger21 sandwiches are pretty good

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
^this. My wife has perfected her chicken sandwich. Grilled chicken breast, fresh bacon lettuce and tomato, good cheese, locally made brioche rolls and...home made fries. As the ad Arby's says chef's smooch! We have this Sundays often

But BurgurFi and Burger21 sandwiches are pretty good

Get this healthy and efficient chicken sandwich out of my thread! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y)

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Little side rant that I should probably be taking up with Popeye's corporation and not in the Mk7 forum, but I need to vent.

I order my spicy chicken sandwich last night with a side order of red beans and rice (post gym meal). First oddity was they hand it to me in a brown bag that you would put your peanut butter and jelly sandwich in during elementary school. I was like, wtf is this? I open it up and take a quick peek inside and confirm my order is there. I drive on home.

I get home and consumed the red beans and rice first to set the taste level that I'm about to enjoy with the chicken sandwich. As I open up the chicken sandwich wrap, I'm noticing the patty being a tad flatter than usual. I remove a bun ever so curious to see what is going on underneath and those bastards had substituted the chicken patty with 3 LITTLE chicken tenders. Those a$$holes! What the hell did they do last night? Obviously they ran out of the real chicken sandwich but they could of warned me before hand. I knew things were shady the minute they handed me that brown bag. Damnit. This experience after I hadn't eaten their sandwich in 3 months. :mad::mad::mad:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Little side rant that I should probably be taking up with Popeye's corporation and not in the Mk7 forum, but I need to vent.

I order my spicy chicken sandwich last night with a side order of red beans and rice (post gym meal). First oddity was they hand it to me in a brown bag that you would put your peanut butter and jelly sandwich in during elementary school. I was like, wtf is this? I open it up and take a quick peek inside and confirm my order is there. I drive on home.

I get home and consumed the red beans and rice first to set the taste level that I'm about to enjoy with the chicken sandwich. As I open up the chicken sandwich wrap, I'm noticing the patty being a tad flatter than usual. I remove a bun ever so curious to see what is going on underneath and those bastards had substituted the chicken patty with 3 LITTLE chicken tenders. Those a$$holes! What the hell did they do last night? Obviously they ran out of the real chicken sandwich but they could of warned me before hand. I knew things were shady the minute they handed me that brown bag. Damnit. This experience after I hadn't eaten their sandwich in 3 months. :mad::mad::mad:
Next time to go bk and get one of these

https://news.yahoo.com/tiktok-loses-over-freakishly-large-154738930.html

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRpDtT4D/

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie