GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best floor jack for the $$?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
u jack is interesting but it would make using the pinch welds tricky wouldnt it? esp since Id like to use hockey puck adapters...

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
u jack is interesting but it would make using the pinch welds tricky wouldnt it? esp since Id like to use hockey puck adapters...

Makes it easier actually. Maybe not with a puck though. But I just use a piece of old carpet instead as a form of protection for the pinch welds.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Makes it easier actually. Maybe not with a puck though. But I just use a piece of old carpet instead as a form of protection for the pinch welds.

The U jack is a cool concept for sure!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I'd still go with something lower profile like the Pittsburgh jack linked before.
I have a tall Craftsman jack (similar height to that U jack), it sits in the shed doing nothing now since it was too tall to fit under my cars...although it was a gift, it's a waste

How much is that U jack btw?

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Probably not the be$t

I have a big ol' Craftsman 3 ton that weighs about that much.....had it for years, still in service.
But wanted to get a light duty jack to lug to the track, so what better than a "racing" jack. :rolleyes:

hf1.jpg

Since it is what is it, stickers are definitely required. LOL
hf3.jpg

Had to modify just a bit too.:D
hf2.jpg

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
If you're a Costco member, your local store should have these in automotive aisle:

I picked one up last year, and for $99, it's a heck of a deal. I had never heard of Arcan either, but I've been using it for a year and haven't had any issues with it. Besides, I figure Costco wouldn't sell a bad jack (do they sell any bad products?) since dead customers are a lot less likely to renew their memberships.

To add yet another positive endorsement of Harbor Freight products, I've also had the Pittsburgh 1.5 ton racing jack for 6 years, and it's worked reliably for all that time. (The only reason I bought the 3 ton Arcan is the 1.5 ton doesn't have as much lift, and the Arcan cost lest than the 2-ton Pittsburgh.) My brother's been using his 2 ton Pittsburgh even longer than that, and his works just fine as well.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Still using my dad's old sears 3 tonner that is 42 years old this year. Add oil once in awhile, that's about it. They don't make em like they used too...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

averyislost

Go Kart Champion

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
I've had a Costco jack for over a decade. Receipt in a plastic bag, taped to the handle. Going to return it for a new one when and if it ever breaks down :)

the

Autocross Champion
You guys are wild... I wouldn't trust Harbor Freight for Jacks / Jack Stands / Car Stands at all. I pick up some Pittsburgh wrenches and what nots every once in a while, but nothing that's going to need to potentially save my life.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
You guys are wild... I wouldn't trust Harbor Freight for Jacks / Jack Stands / Car Stands at all. I pick up some Pittsburgh wrenches and what nots every once in a while, but nothing that's going to need to potentially save my life.

I've had my HF 3-ton jack for 5 years now, still use it to this day. Never even needed the oil changed, the seals have held up great.

Have faith in the almighty Harbor Freight

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
What do you recommend then?
Go with something like this: https://www.harborfreight.com/15-ton-aluminum-rapid-pump-racing-floor-jack-64545.html

Much more leverage and a better lift pad. They go on sale pretty often too.
1.5 ton enough?