GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Betel Nuts

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
A coworker just gave me some of this "miraculous, organic nut" that since he started chewing after the Indian fellas recommended to him and imported some for him that since he started chewing them, he smokes half as much and lost 40 pounds.

I always wondered why his breath smelled like urinal cakes and incense sticks - now I know why. I also googled to learn more about it and immediately spit them out. This is a PSA - if anyone ever offers you betel nuts or betel nut derivatives, just say no. That shit is worse than smoking and there were none of the advertised "pick-me-up" effects. All the studies I can find on the stuff directly link it to cancer, gum disease, tooth rot, and even loss of jaw function. But he and the others consider it perfectly fine to chew because its organic and its "just a nut". I can't get the taste of urinal cake out of my mouth

I feel like I should add to this post that I'm not a smoker and do not have any addictive tendencies. While I have smoked cigarettes in the past socially, do drink alcohol sometimes and have had alcoholic family members, I have never felt addicted to any substance mentally or physically.

Last edited:

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
VICE had an episode on this, the effect looks less than desirable, so is crack and meth. Probably very addictive.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
VICE had an episode on this, the effect looks less than desirable, so is crack and meth. Probably very addictive.
A friend told me about the documentary as well just now. I'd never heard of it or else I never would have put it in my mouth. No idea how anyone thinks thats a good idea given the amount of information thats out there. Tastes like how urinal cakes smell, or incense sticks might be a better description

torga

Autocross Champion
A coworker just gave me some of this "miraculous, organic nut"
Bro I think you should report him to HR, that's not ok at the workplace.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I'm not putting anybody's nuts in my mouth. Ever.

Lol yea don't be fooled if you're at a fancy dealer/biz and they have free snack mix/nuts. Guy told me he watched customers put their unfinished nuts back into the jar... communal nuts

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Lol yea don't be fooled if you're at a fancy dealer/biz and they have free snack mix/nuts. Guy told me he watched customers put their unfinished nuts back into the jar... communal nuts
Different kind of nuts buddy