GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bitcoin currency discussion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Where is the guy posting about how he lost 10k? fking pyramid schemes.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I won't lie, I set up an account and mined for the past 24 hours with a pool on Bitminter. Made 0.00014128 BTC...or about 0.0025 dollars. Considering it would take about 7,080 days to make 1 bitcoin, I don't think it's worth it.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I won't lie, I set up an account and mined for the past 24 hours with a pool on Bitminter. Made 0.00014128 BTC...or about 0.0025 dollars. Considering it would take about 7,080 days to make 1 bitcoin, I don't think it's worth it.
What stinks is that if you mined Bitcoins when they were first introduced, you could earn like 25 in one day. Imagine? We'd be millionaires.

I saw on a forum someone had paid a few Bitcoins worth $40 for a pizza pie. Someone converted to what they would be valued at now if they weren't spent, and it exceeded over $1,000,000.

It really is astonishing...

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I wouldn't be surprised if there are thousands of PCs out there that are unknowingly part of a botnet that are mining. Get 10,000 machines (a relatively small botnet) and you get a Bitcoin per day.

Profit.

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
happened at a few school districts throughout the united states. the it guys would create extremely small botnets with all the computers on the school network and mine day in and day out.

Bender1

Banned
Here is the bitcoin marketplace in about 6 - 8 weeks:

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
^^^Youd be crazy too..another fiat currecny that will result a bubble and collapse...bender hit it on the head

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
^^^Youd be crazy too..another fiat currecny that will result a bubble and collapse...bender hit it on the head

Yeah the bubble just popped but I'm sure it will rally then pop again. Short term investment opportunity.

I wouldn't call it a fiat currency since there's no government involvement...

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
At least the greenbacks have some intrinsic value. Bitcoins are pulled out of thin air by "mining" -- are they fucking kidding? And people ignore common sense and jump on the bandwagon because they see the price go up, are greedy and want to make a quick buck.

It's a fad that will be worthless before long. As with pyramid and MLM schemes, the only people getting rich are the ones who start it or get in early.