GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMW 335i?

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone driven one of these? I think my cousins getting one! He wants me to search around and get some reviews...I know they look HOT...but has anyone have any type of experience with them? Thanx! Also...how do they compare to our car, even though they are double the price..

Idealistic

Enter Title Here
I have driven them a few times and they are buck nasty. They feel faster than the M3 (they are only slightly slower) and are a blast to drive. Im not so fond of Bimmer looks, but its not as bad as it could be.

As far as the pricing goes, you get what you pay for and that is probably the first 3 series car i would feel ripped of buying. Usually you are mostly paying for the BMW name, the cars are very nice, but not worth what they are asking imo. But this car is great all around and finally worth the money. I hear they can be chipped like the GTI for a similar performance gain, though i havent looked into it. I heard the numbers 350 hp and 400 tq thrown out and if that is true this car kicks even more.

Stock for stock it would tool the crap out of a GTI. Stage 2 GTI would start having a chance against one stock but as soon as they add similar mods it gets ugly again.

All in all i would say your cousin is getting an amazing car and you should take every opportunity to drive it :)

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
Last edited:

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Yeah those cars make me lustly. I've been a rageing bimmerhead since I was seven. I think all the new Bangle'd cars look disgusting. The E9(2?) coupe is def the best looking, or least vomit inducing, and the twin-turbo bimmer I6 is a factory dream. I'd take one over almost anything on the new market (if $40k a coupe were possible).

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
They're a bit fast

Stock vs chip and cat back exhaust. (This dyno is calibrated to read like a dynojet.)

Attachments

• 335dd.jpg
    335dd.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 792

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
I went to a local meet organized by a friend, and I was very impressed with the 335 both outside and in. It was sexy, imho. And the owner popped the hood, I was kinda disappointed because everything was covered so you can't really see anything inside. It was nice, none the less.

gyuri

Ready to race!
The back of both the sedan and the coupe looks kind of low budget. But who cares when you have all that power.
And the sedan is also available with AWD as a 335xi and there are rumours that the coupe will be too starting next year.

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
I sat in the coupe and it's a big Mother IMHO

It does feel large when you're just sitting in it. Get it out on the road and it feels much smaller and nimbler.

Here's a couple pics of the first one my local dealer received.

I regret it was rainy and overcast that day. You can't appreciate how deep that paint is until it's in the sunlight.

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
well, I know the car is beautiful, and have read reviews, so I know stats, but I wanto know what people have from personal experience driving, not just looks...regardless, I think its too powerful a car for my cousin...his dad (my uncle) is LOADED, (so is my dad but he doesnt overtreat me like that) and it is going to be my cousins first car...he doesnt even have his license, and hes only 17...BUT hey, I know I cant hate, and hes gonna be drivin ME places now! :)

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
well, I know the car is beautiful, and have read reviews, so I know stats, but I wanto know what people have from personal experience driving, not just looks...regardless, I think its too powerful a car for my cousin...his dad (my uncle) is LOADED, (so is my dad but he doesnt overtreat me like that) and it is going to be my cousins first car...he doesnt even have his license, and hes only 17...BUT hey, I know I cant hate, and hes gonna be drivin ME places now! :)

There's no way in hell I'd put my newly licensed son in that car.