GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BOTW ruined gaming for me

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I'm playing through Zelda, Breath of the Wild for the second time right now. Over 300 hours in my first play through. Each time I attempt to pick up a new game, something just feels like it's missing now.

It's sickening

Turbongr

Ready to race!
It's definitely a special game. Right after I bought my Switch I got Psychonauts 2 because I was a big fan of the first one. Played a couple hours and then disconnected the PS4 for good. I've restarted BOTW more time than I like to admit but still haven't got bored with it.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
It's definitely a special game. Right after I bought my Switch I got Psychonauts 2 because I was a big fan of the first one. Played a couple hours and then disconnected the PS4 for good. I've restarted BOTW more time than I like to admit but still haven't got bored with it.

Im on my second play through, but I like to complete games. So at 150-300+ hrs, it’s a hard pill to swallow. I just play for pure enjoyment at this point. Everything about it is magnificent. I haven’t played my PS4 in ages either.

AM407

Autocross Champion
I felt that way about Ocarina of Time when I played it on the 64. Liked it so much I played it again on the 3DS in 3D.

I’ve been thinking I should get a Switch and check out BOTW. But then I read stuff like 300 hours, and think Holy hell, I can’t justify spending 300 hours of my life on that.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
I felt that way about Ocarina of Time when I played it on the 64. Liked it so much I played it again on the 3DS in 3D.

I’ve been thinking I should get a Switch and check out BOTW. But then I read stuff like 300 hours, and think Holy hell, I can’t justify spending 300 hours of my life on that.
It's not nearly that much.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It’s been announced and is on the way. Only problem - can it possibly live up to the first?

Yes. Take the same game, throw in some actual dungeons, and boom. Done.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
I'm playing through Zelda, Breath of the Wild for the second time right now. Over 300 hours in my first play through. Each time I attempt to pick up a new game, something just feels like it's missing now.

It's sickening
Have you tried AC Odyssey? Not saying its the same type of game but pretty similar and I got hooked a few hours in and played 150 hours on first playthrough. Huge beautiful world with atmosphere to match, great fighting with right perks and equipment and funny missions and characters.

AM407

Autocross Champion
You know, now that I think about it, I’m going to have a couple of jobs this winter where I’ll mostly be sitting around on standby. I might not have 300 hours to kill, but it will be a lot. I was going to bring a bunch of books on the e-reader, but BOTW would be more fun.

I wouldn’t be able to play it on a big screen, though. Would it be a waste to play the whole thing on the Switch’s screen?

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
You know, now that I think about it, I’m going to have a couple of jobs this winter where I’ll mostly be sitting around on standby. I might not have 300 hours to kill, but it will be a lot. I was going to bring a bunch of books on the e-reader, but BOTW would be more fun.

I wouldn’t be able to play it on a big screen, though. Would it be a waste to play the whole thing on the Switch’s screen?

Much of my original playthrough was on the Switch itself, mainly because my wife would go to bed and wouldn't want me in my office all night. The trade off, I would play on the switch with my headphones before falling asleep. With the screen that close to you, it's almost like playing on a bigger TV. Granted, there is no replacing a bigger screen, it doesn't take away from the experience. Also, Bluetooth audio is a thing on the Switch as of about 3 months ago, so you can enjoy with Airpods or whatever your choice wireless headphones / earbuds are these days.

I will tell you this. Considering you are an OAT fan, BOTW is going to blow your face off. It's that good. If you haven't played it yet, you are lucky. I wish I could wipe my memory of the game and replay it. Every little nuance of the way the game was put together is nothing short of amazing. The music comes in at just the right times, the controls are perfect, and the level of difficulty makes for a very playable experience. If you are to do everything the game has to offer (i.e. 100% playthrough), it could potentially take you 300+ hours to complete. This includes finding 900 Korok seeds, defeating all 4 divine beasts, visiting all areas, completing the DLC, and beating the game.

Edit: Can’t believe I forgot the completion of all 120 shrines.

Do yourself a favor and go buy this title.

Last edited: