GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

california new law

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Hmm, reason 101 why I don't live in California. It makes me wonder if things like this help contributed to the current negative population growth. Too bad, since it is such a beautiful state.

Well, what would you do if you were EQT or some other tuner based out of California? Cut your losses and set up shop in a more pro-business state?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
This (and people's responses to it) makes me laugh, since this really isn't anything new. If you had a tune that disabled any emissions equipment previously, it was a fail regardless. I've had to flash back to stock before (and get a DP swapped) so this is same same to me.

Cobb AP/Tunes have an EO, or you can just flash back to stock: https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wi...58289489/VW+CARB+EO+numbers+for+COBB+Products

A piggy back doesn't change the ECU tuning, so it wouldn't show up on an OBD scan.

Carry on.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
This (and people's responses to it) makes me laugh, since this really isn't anything new. If you had a tune that disabled any emissions equipment previously, it was a fail regardless. I've had to flash back to stock before (and get a DP swapped) so this is same same to me.

Cobb AP/Tunes have an EO, or you can just flash back to stock: https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wi...58289489/VW+CARB+EO+numbers+for+COBB+Products

A piggy back doesn't change the ECU tuning, so it wouldn't show up on an OBD scan.

Carry on.
I don't think the people using "Communism" actually knows what it means.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Lol...CA contributes more federal tax dollars than any other state. That money goes to subsidizing other states. I don't think the feds want CA to become its "own land".

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Lol...CA contributes more federal tax dollars than any other state. That money goes to subsidizing other states. I don't think the feds want CA to become its "own land".

It’s usually the biggest recipients of said money that are the first to decry those states that are net contributors.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

Damn Bront, you sure Zrickety’d this one up...

1626406925591.png

And, let’s see who the worst is..

1626407042106.png

Looks like we’d be good to cut off some of the fat and get rid of Virginia. The federal government subsidies one Virginian for every 858 Californians.

Hey, @JerseyDrew77, don’t you live in Virginia? What point were you trying to make about California above?

Last edited:
Reactions: FPP

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
If Bront was here he would say total dollars not net. California should still be it's own country.

Just, wow.

Can you imagine the price of produce in the US if California seceded?

Looking at the net subsides alone, I think the rest of the US could do without much of, if not all, the south. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: FPP