GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cannnot Send Destination via We Connect app.

Gazinet

Hello,
Does any know how to send a destination to the vehicle from the We Connect App.
When I use the send to vehicle option it only opens Google maps on my phone.

oakserver

Unfortunately you cant on some car variants. I have a Golf 8 Style Registered June 20 in the UK.

I have also found remote lock and unlock unavailable.

When I raised this with VW, their response to this was:

"We regret that you seem to encounter some issues with VolkswagensWe Connect Remote Lock & Unlock service . However, we will be more than glad to assist you.

We have checked your vehicle through our system and it appears that the function in question is not part of your set of services. There can be several reasons for this; for example, this functionality can commonly not be implemented in right-steering vehicles due to technical conditions.

We regret that the function cannot be retrofitted."

I hope your car is not one of those with the missing feature like mine.

Gazinet

I cannot use remote lock and unlock and can't get the maps screen up onto the main drivers display and also can't send destination to car with the app.
This is a real step backwards as all these functions worked fine on my 2018 T-ROC.

Last edited:

Azhar saleem

I cannot use remote lock and unlock and can't get the maps screen up onto the main drivers display and also can't send destination to car with the app.
This is a real step backwards as all these functions worked fine on my 2018 T-ROC.
Hi buddy I'm struggling with getting the nav on the virtual cockpit too. Any luck? Really frustrating

Gazinet

VW customer service sent me a snippet from the current brochure.
It would appear that this function is not available on cars with digital cockpit Pro.
Bottom left in highlight.
image002.jpg

Gazinet

Just had an email from VW Digital team.
They say it it not possible to send destinations to the vehicle from the We Connect app.
So what is the point of having the option in the app to send destination to vehicle.
Crazy VW.

oakserver

@Gazinet The only option on the We Connect app I can find is 'Route Guidance to vehicle' which is intended only to give you guidance on the app to where your car is parked. For the vehicles that do have the option enabled I believe it says something like 'Send destination to vehicle'. The app can flash the lights and sound the horn, but it cant send coordinates to the infotainment system. Don't know why that would be so much more difficult or cost. My wife's 6 year old BMW can even do that from the BMW app.

Gazinet

@Gazinet The only option on the We Connect app I can find is 'Route Guidance to vehicle' which is intended only to give you guidance on the app to where your car is parked. For the vehicles that do have the option enabled I believe it says something like 'Send destination to vehicle'. The app can flash the lights and sound the horn, but it cant send coordinates to the infotainment system. Don't know why that would be so much more difficult or cost. My wife's 6 year old BMW can even do that from the BMW app.
I have the option to send route guidance to destination but nothing happens. It just returns to the current location with anything else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-210937_We Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20201124-210937_We Connect.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 155

oakserver

The route guidance to destination just seems to route you (on your mobile) to wherever you have dropped a pin. If you press down on the map you can drop a pin - that seems to becomes your destination. Then when you click route guidance to destination the app just routes you there using Apple Maps on your mobile. Very disappointing.

Newer models (I think model year 2021) should have a 'send destination to vehicle' option or something along those lines.