GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

cant veiw pics

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
imgur.com has been working for a long time and is what Reddit is based from, so I don't see it ever changing.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Agreed on imgur.

Now, if you're referring to not being able to see photos that others have posted, there's not really a lot you can do unless that poster updates the post with a new image link.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Agreed on imgur.

Now, if you're referring to not being able to see photos that others have posted, there's not really a lot you can do unless that poster updates the post with a new image link.

There are extensions for chrome that bring the pictures back. I'm using one called "Photobucket hotlink fix" at the moment.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
There are extensions for chrome that bring the pictures back. I'm using one called "Photobucket hotlink fix" at the moment.

Dang..... great tip, worked fine on Chrome MacOS or Win. You must post this for everyone in its own thread. Huge find in my opinion.

Got it on chrome support site LINK

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Dang..... great tip, worked fine on Chrome MacOS or Win. You must post this for everyone in its own thread. Huge find in my opinion.

Got it on chrome support site LINK

I've been telling everyone that complains about not being able to see pictures.

Eurocars and I have been using it to update important threads - Cam follower diy, wheel bearing DIY, etc - moving the pictures from photobucket to imgur. If anyone can think of a DIY thread that needs updating, lemme know.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I've been telling everyone that complains about not being able to see pictures.

Eurocars and I have been using it to update important threads - Cam follower diy, wheel bearing DIY, etc - moving the pictures from photobucket to imgur. If anyone can think of a DIY thread that needs updating, lemme know.

I take it you can do that only because you have admin access? Did you create a routine of some sort to do this without having to download, upload and change each url?

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Eurocars has admin access, I have the time & love.

I have to screenshot the pictures and re host them on Imgur, I then email the picture urls to Eurocars and he replaces the original picture urls with the new ones.

If you have a better way, please for the love of god share it because it's extremely tedious the way we are currently doing it.

Edit * Eurocars does not have admin access, just mod access.

Last edited:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Yeah, there is no fast way or redoing it unfortunately unless you write a script for it, hence the reason most of the pictures in my build thread are still dead. Unfortunately I do not have admin rights but as a moderator I can still edit other members posts to update the dead links