GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon Fiber Hood?

15tsisleeper

Hey guys I'm kinda new to the forums, was lurking for a while and thought I would finally post something for your guys input. I have a '15 Black GTI and it recently got hit by a softball on the hood! So I took it to the best paint less dent removal guy in town and couldn't get it completely out and the metal had stretched. I'm not super OCD but my car is new! So I was wondering should I just buy the same color hood or should I go semi hipster and go with a carbon fiber hood or maybe just deal with it? Let me see ur pix of you have a carbon hood I would love to see how it looked on the MK7. Thanks!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys I'm kinda new to the forums, was lurking for a while and thought I would finally post something for your guys input. I have a '15 Black GTI and it recently got hit by a softball on the hood! So I took it to the best paint less dent removal guy in town and couldn't get it completely out and the metal had stretched. I'm not super OCD but my car is new! So I was wondering should I just buy the same color hood or should I go semi hipster and go with a carbon fiber hood or maybe just deal with it? Let me see ur pix of you have a carbon hood I would love to see how it looked on the MK7. Thanks!

Go carbon fiber. :D
You will be in a class by yourself.

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
I have a similar issue with bird poop. Want to replace the black hood but am worried that the blacks wont perfectly match. If you find one let me know! Wonder if there's any aftermarket hoods with air vents in the bonnet? Would love that even though the aero benefits would be negligible...

Brolly

Passed Driver's Ed
Check Revozport. They have awesome vented carbon fibre hoods.

Granted it may not look as awesome without the rest of the body kit.

Pieisgood999

Ready to race!
Yeah, ball breakingly expensive though! And it appears to be a normal bonnet with carbon stuck onto it although marketed as "lightweight". Not that it would make a noticable difference anyway.

Mk620T

Ready to race!
I think it's full carbon fiber and they had it painted. I think I would paint everything anyway - since the only reason i'd go carbon fiber was weight. Unless you want it to impress people you might as well paint it.

kidbs

Passed Driver's Ed
Check Revozport. They have awesome vented carbon fibre hoods.

Granted it may not look as awesome without the rest of the body kit.

I have to admit, that is probably the best looking GTI I've seen. If I could afford it I would buy the entire kit :D

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
If you want to do it, just do it. I have a CF hood, roof and trunk on my BMW. Dropped about 60lbs off my car (total car weight is 3,230lbs). I never regretted it one bit.

Attachments

• photo35.jpg
    photo35.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 5,256
  • IMG_2626.JPG
    IMG_2626.JPG
    651.5 KB · Views: 5,181
  • IMG_2627.JPG
    IMG_2627.JPG
    878.1 KB · Views: 5,312

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion