GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carista. Throttle response behavior - meaning?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
VCDS is the only way to go. I think if you have owned VWs in the past, you just know that VCDS has been around a long time and has good support and has a great product that won't disapear overnight.
I think I'm picking up a VCDS cable - I really like OBDEleven and have "mastered" it but the place it lacks is logging - it's clunky if you want to log a bunch of parameters.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
VCDS sucks at logging too. Keep OBD11 and buy ECUtek.
OBDEleven works great IF you are logging 1 or 2 things...more than that it loses connectivity, stumbles, pukes. It's really good as a code scanner/clearer/tweaker though!

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Ok...how? What channel in VCDS in the steering module changed the throttle response that would be in the engine module? This is like me saying "Hey everyone I found a great new tweak...you can increase steering weight/feel. It's in the driver's door module." 100% placebo.

Edit. Just look at it this way. When you open the engine control unit, the live data portion has all the things that are associated with it including those that you can modify including the accelerator/throttle. When you open the steering control unit, the live data portion has all the things that are associated with it including those that you can modify and the accelerator/throttle aren't in it. It's just this works. I'm making a video of all of this hopefully this week and will post it up - I finally got the app to record my screen so we can watch what changes.

I did this in VCDS. I have no idea why or how. I just did the mod. You don't even have the same car as me, and you're branding it as a placebo.

OK.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I did this in VCDS. I have no idea why or how. I just did the mod. You don't even have the same car as me, and you're branding it as a placebo.

OK.
The change you made is hte same whether you used Carista, OBDEleven, or VCDS. Steering module. Adaptations. Driving profile switchover. Change from Incremental, controlled over time to direct to direct, controlled over threshold value. MQB changes are nearly universal just like all the rest i.e. windows down with remote, whatever. They aren't model specific i.e. I have a GTI and this for whatever reason changes the throttle but on the Golf it doesn't. It's the same change. What goofs it for some I think is that OBDEleven/Carista have apps/macros that are called "direct throttle response" - these are just changing the same thing as you do (or me using coding in OBDEleven) in VCDS.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What I was talking about is the increased traction setting in the AWD module adaptation channel "acoustic measuring wiring logic" doesn't make any changes that I saw when I logged the Haldex's activity. The fwd VAQ diff cars (GTI PP) - not sure b/c I haven't logged those and that is in a different control module/different thing entirely (and my car doesn't have that) so please hold the ignorance comment. I have those logs posted in the "free haldex tune" or similar thread(s) in the R forum.

I suggest if you want to change the ratio of accelerator pedal to throttle a pedal tuner box is what you should get. I will continue to ask for someone that thinks they are getting a more linear throttle response/accelerator position is to log this phenomena (direct/indirect settings in the "driving profile switchover" adaptation channel in the steering module) and show me that this change does what folks say...it's an easy one to do but as I talk about in that thread linked above, it looks like that ratio can change depending on how hard you push the pedal so you have to control that variable. This changes how quickly the steering changes between modes (if your car is equipped) - it's literally called "driving profile switchover" in the steering module. How do you explain watching what changes in that channel in live data and it's the driving mode? I'll have to tighten up and record my screen so folks can see what is changing with this mod. Also, would be cool to have someone log their accelerator/throttle %s that has a pedal tuner.

I can log my BMS throttle box. Tell me the variables to log.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Are the graphs people are showing while driving or while standing still? I noticed a difference in my R, over and above the increased idle speed in DSG S-mode.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I can log my BMS throttle box. Tell me the variables to log.
Ok cool! What I figured when I did my logging is accelerator % and throttle %. Then you need to do some logging - reving it up in park/neutral, and some driving with some light and hard accelerations...at least that's what I did when I logged it. If I'm doing this wrong, by all means folks, let me know but this should give you the data and you can compare it to what I did in my post link above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200113-164744_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20200113-164744_OBDeleven.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 151

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm looking forward to your proof.
Did you have a read of the info I linked above? It has some commentary and data. The proof is already been shown/discussed. I was just going to make a screen shot video of the changes that take place b/c it seems that my write ups/descriptions aren't being understood.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I logged up to 5 or 6 vars with OBDeleven without a problem.
Mine would crash/stall out. Not each time, but enough to be annoying. The biggest issue I see is simply that I can save a batch of channels I want to log so if it f's up, I have to rebuild the list each time.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm looking forward to your proof.
Have a read and seriously, think through this after....a throttle response adjustment that is in the steering module (that contains no live data channels for accelerator/throttle) that changes the time it takes to switch the steering from sport/normal (which isn't something I made up, you can actually watch this happen which I will make a video of but do describe with a screen shot in one of the links below). Ask yourself, is it reasonable that this info is 100% false, and this in fact is a change to the accelerator/throttle % ratio.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...rottle-tweak-amp-quot-it-ain-t-what-you-think!
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9261103-OBD-Eleven-mod-to-improve-throttle-response/page2

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Mine would crash/stall out. Not each time, but enough to be annoying. The biggest issue I see is simply that I can save a batch of channels I want to log so if it f's up, I have to rebuild the list each time.

Yeah, i don't like that OBDeleven doesn't have the batch feature.