Catted or Catless

Catted or Catless?

• Total voters

Shishkabobie

Car(s)
2015 GTI nonPP DSG
Catless so you can shoot flames duhhhh

cb1111

I'm not really sure where this catless trend came from because it really makes no sense. Wait.... I do know where it originally came from....

In the early days of emission controls when unleaded gas was still a rarity (early 70's), anything emission related was an afterthought, added on to existing designs and zapped power. Engines dropped 100hp from one year to the next (and that's not even taking the change in how they measured HP into consideration).

By the mid 80's, when leaded gas was a rarity, manufacturers had started to integrate emission controls into the overall engine design and by the 90's, removing emission controls actually decreases performance.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
People either like it for the louder sound (arguably worse sounding tho) or because they feel they are being badass making more emissions

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Like the 14 second Hondas and G35s that make my two year old daughter cry at cars and coffee at 10am.

Meanwhile the 9 second cars that don’t stand on launch control or the rev limiter at a parking lot meet leave respectfully on their way home to daily drivers that are also faster than the “hot boi” crew shooting flames.

I’d prefer not to attract that kind of attention, but to each their own I don’t judge.

Shishkabobie

Car(s)
2015 GTI nonPP DSG
That was another reason I wanted catless so I could shut every car show down? but that’s like 1 day out of the year I get to use it.

Everytime I have the car in sport, go WOT and let off anywhere from 5400-6000 I get one or two flames out of both tips hehe, I've never tried crack but this is probably just as addictive ?‍♂️?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Like the 14 second Hondas and G35s that make my two year old daughter cry at cars and coffee at 10am.

I’d prefer not to attract that kind of attention, but to each their own I don’t judge.
2x respect...one for bringing daughter to car shows and another for not judging.

Shishkabobie

Car(s)
2015 GTI nonPP DSG
ah, so its a catless downpipe that lets you shoot flames... brb going to chop my cat lol

you also need a tune, I was on stratified flash tune with max pops and bangs

WonderWaffle

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So something I thought about is if I do wanna go catless for a meet or something theCTS downpipe’s cat is at the end just before the catback and is interchangeable with just a straight pipe so I might just buy that pipe separately and put it on every once in a while?

WonderWaffle

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Thats a lot of work just go rev up at a car meet.?‍♂️
More of a side thought, probably won’t go through the trouble. Plus, found vids of what it would sound like with the setups I was contemplating and the catted is still loud just not as many crazy pops. Tbh the catless was obnoxiously loud and pops make it that much worse.

Catless with my catback:

Catted with my catback: