GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CBFA vs CCTA differences - need pics (not what you think)

Dave!

Ready to race!
Can someone (or someone who knows someone) with a CCTA engine please post pics of the this part of your engine? It's the place where the SAI goes into the actual engine. Sorry, I don't know all the associated part names for what we're looking at. :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance,
-Dave

Last edited:

Dave!

Ready to race!
@ michal - alright kool, it does look like there's a separate hose present in the ccta that's NOT present in the cbfa. you can really see it in this pic:

and i'm going to assume for the time being that it goes to something immediately forward of where the SAI enters the motor on the cbfa. you can see the open port in this picture, although it's partially obstructed by a wire going to the SAI.

so whatever is behind the black tuning in your pics is what we need to be looking at, michal. might be difficult for a camera to capture the image of what we need to see though.

michal

Go Kart Champion
No problem. I think there is nothing there but I'll check tomorrow. I think this is the only hose connected to this part of the engine. Anyway it's difficult to take a good pic over there.