GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Celebrating Thanksgiving with.....no one? What are you gonna do?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
So I have an only child and we count on getting together with family so the cousins can all get together and have fun (I never had that growing up, so awesome to see relationships like this develop), buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, with everything going on, getting together with my wife's parents, cousins or any family is not going to happen. My family is tight knit and love being together, but we love to get together with family over holidays......we're like the Griswolds making every get together huge.

What are you guys going to do, if celebrating by yourselves? We're trying to think of things to do, even given the colder weather.

Go hiking
Hit up the local outdoor mall
Start decorating for Christmas
Bake off
Exercise is always a good fallback

We're not averse to driving somewhere either, as I have a 4 day weekend.

What are ya'll going to do?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
We wouldn't normally let this stop us from seeing family, however my family is spread out in CA and IL. My wife's family is all local or within an hour of us, however her uncle is on immune suppressing drugs due to a blood disease, her aunt has a compromised immune system as well, her cousin is ALSO on immune suppressing drugs for an intestinal thing.........so, yeah, they have reasons to be quarantined and I work in a body shop so no way to take 2 weeks off or work from home. Sucks.

I'll be smoking a couple turkey breasts for the wife and I, going to get some projects on the R done (motor mounts, change trans fluid) and there will be some drives afterwards to test of course. lol And of course a lot of projects around the house and working on organizing the basement.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
^ I hear you. We don't normally allow for the current environment from stopping us from being with family; however, we just took a trip out of state for a week by plane AND both sets of parents have weakened immune systems, so we're doing this for their safety.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
My family cancelled thanksgiving. Too many of the niblings (nieces/nephews for the uninitiated) are in college and the they’ve all tested positive in the last 2 months. My girlfriend and I are about to get tested, she thinks she has it for the second time. If she’s right - I’ve been asymptomatic

swcrow

Autocross Champion
My family cancelled thanksgiving. Too many of the niblings (nieces/nephews for the uninitiated) are in college and the they’ve all tested positive in the last 2 months. My girlfriend and I are about to get tested, she thinks she has it for the second time. If she’s right - I’ve been asymptomatic
Wow. Wife just got tested....severe cold symptoms for 3 days, so being tested as a precaution. Rest of family has zero symptoms of anything. So with her down for the count, you'll be watching movies or playing PS4

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If Cyberpunk didn't get delayed I know what I'd be doing...

I usually end up working so much before thanksgiving that I'd rather just relax and do nothing during the 4 day weekend.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
All my family lives within about a 10 mile radius--good and bad to that 🤣

As long as nobody is sick, we're all getting together as usual at our house. 2 turkeys, one in the oven, one on the Kamado Joe. I'll start drinking when I fire up the grill, so around 11 :p

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Both mine and my wifes family cancelled their plans because it's the safe thing to do. My wife has had Lyme for a few years and is now pregnant, 2nd trimester. It's not about me, it's about her and our unborn child.

Gonna be a super chill long weekend, ha. Maybe i'll get my golf R brakes and HR RSB off the bench and on the car, eh?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
you guys should bring this up in the scamdemic thread! without a doubt, everyone participating in that thread will be 'participating in that thread' on Thanksgiving! lol

torga

Autocross Champion
I have most of the week off, so I'll go out hiking if the weather allows, or just walk around the city looking for neat spots to photograph. My gf and I both live at around a 3.5-5 hour flight from our families, so we both let them know we won't be coming home for the holidays -- I have too many older family members, can't risk it. I also wouldn't want to get it myself...
So yeah, we're probably gonna get a whole roast duck from one of the many delicious Chinese BBQ places around here. Neither of us care for turkey.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
you guys should bring this up in the scamdemic thread! without a doubt, everyone participating in that thread will be 'participating in that thread' on Thanksgiving! lol
agree.

Just me and Mrs Mud this year. Normally I'll have 3-4 folks over (I have 6 chairs) but I find social isolation easier than social interaction. Mrs Mud is respitary therapist in major hospital and deals with Covid patients and we have really limited our exposure to others. I'll do a big chicken dinner:

Chicken
stuffing with sausage
Bnut squash
home made cranberry sauce
reg & sweet potato
green veg
pumpkin cheese cake

I do a winner chicken dinner

swcrow

Autocross Champion
agree.

Just me and Mrs Mud this year. Normally I'll have 3-4 folks over (I have 6 chairs) but I find social isolation easier than social interaction. Mrs Mud is respitary therapist in major hospital and deals with Covid patients and we have really limited our exposure to others. I'll do a big chicken dinner:

Chicken
stuffing with sausage
Bnut squash
home made cranberry sauce
reg & sweet potato
green veg
pumpkin cheese cake

I do a winner chicken dinner
There we go......

We're also a "no turkey" Thanksgiving family.....we're hooking up the spiraled ham with Boar's head glaze, brown sugar sweet yams topped with marshmallows, german green beans (bacon, vinegar, peppers, mmmmmm) and some killer biscuits.

Respitary therapist? whoa.....

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
It's going to be just four of us. My parents, GF, and me. My GF put in an order for a DIY vegan "turkey" dinner. I'm driving into LA and getting a turkey dinner from the Pantry 😁 .