GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Change default settings.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Is it possible to change the two annoying default settings. Whenever I turn on the ignition the heated steering wheel is on (at maximum). Additionally the Lane Assist becomes active which means the steering will suddenly twitch unexpectedly at some point in my journey

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
You can disable the lane assist in the drive assist settings but it will default to on every time you start the car.
Just today I seen a video where a vag programmer using Odis and geko account was able to activate a setting in the dashboard unit software that would memorize the last state of the various settings like the lane assist.
About the steering wheel I am not sure if it is normal.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Ok so it seems that there is a setting to disable the automatic activation of the heated steering wheel and seats. The problem I read with a few other drivers of Golf 8 is that when you start the car and the temperature outside is less then 12 degrees C then the steering wheel and/or seats heating activate automatically at maximum power. So there only option was to disable this option and activate the heating of the steering manually.