GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changing engine mode?

spannersUK

Hi all. First time here. Possibly a silly question but here goes.

I’ve just bought a 2020 Mk8 Life. Everything is great except for the fact it seems to be ‘stuck’ in Eco mode. On the active display when driving, it shows the Eco symbol under the Acceleration view and I can’t find a way to turn it off to just have ‘normal’ or perhaps ‘sport’ if such a thing exists? I don’t believe I have any specific driving mode button anywhere so am a bit confused?
Cheers

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Hi all. First time here. Possibly a silly question but here goes.

I’ve just bought a 2020 Mk8 Life. Everything is great except for the fact it seems to be ‘stuck’ in Eco mode. On the active display when driving, it shows the Eco symbol under the Acceleration view and I can’t find a way to turn it off to just have ‘normal’ or perhaps ‘sport’ if such a thing exists? I don’t believe I have any specific driving mode button anywhere so am a bit confused?
Cheers
If there is no Mode where the hazard light is then you don't have the ability to choose a different driving mode. You can set the gearbox to S though for sport right?

spannersUK

Hi Mke, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately not. I have a manual gearbox and apparently no menu options either, which is strange.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
I have a 2021 1.5 150PS Style manual box, pretty sure the Eco symbol is when 2 clyinders cut out like when cruising at constant revs, it's an automatic function but the Eco symbol should go out when you put your foot down and rev the engine more i.e. on heavy acceleration.....

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
If it is similar to previous VW’s, get the current mpg consumption to show on the display, and then when Eco kicks in it will display a message to say what it is doing. Either 2-cylinder mode, as Genegenie has said, or coasting when you lift off the accelerator, although I don’t know if the manual gearbox supports coasting?

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Yeh, by 'coasting' I meant at constant revs, not accelerating, Eco mode kicks in after 10 seconds or so. And gotta say my Mk8 runs better in Eco mode, on two cylinders, than did my Mk7 which ran a bit 'lumpy' in that mode....

EVO II

Yeh, by 'coasting' I meant at constant revs, not accelerating, Eco mode kicks in after 10 seconds or so. And gotta say my Mk8 runs better in Eco mode, on two cylinders, than did my Mk7 which ran a bit 'lumpy' in that mode....
Coasting means the engine turns of completely. But it's only available with automatic gearbox.