GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Closing Threads

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Just innocently curious here. I've noticed that a few threads lately have been closed, because I'm guessing subject matter or language. I'm wondering why this is needed. I think we're pretty much capable of reading and commenting or reading and ignoring if we're offended.

I'm not gonna go as far as to say that it's a first ammendment thing here, because it isn't and this isn't a public site. We all just have different interests here and what is cool to some people is stupid to others. I don't street race for example, but it surely doesn't chap my ass if there are posts from people talking about it.

I dunno if I'm way off base here or if people agree. I guess I just want to know what is or isn't gonna get a thread closed and why. Thanks Moderators you guys do a great job, keep it up!!

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Say whatever you want, use whatever language you want, just don't start getting all sarcastic with lame story's of faux murder.

:headbang:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
the only thread that I have seen closed was Elise VS GTI thread and that should have been closed... it had turned into nothing more than throwing personal insults, thats where I draw the line and have no time for...

davesee

FIA GT Champion
ive seen a few now closed.. i wish things wouldnt come to people throwing insults. maybe those users should be given the boot instead of closing a valid thread? just an idea

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
davesee said:
ive seen a few now closed.. i wish things wouldnt come to people throwing insults. maybe those users should be given the boot instead of closing a valid thread? just an idea

well the Elise thread was partly my fault...but thats cuz im just so damn sick of people thinking thier opinions are better than everyone elses...but im over it

but i can sorta understand about the story one being closed...cuz it prolly would have turned into another Elise thread shortly

but i guess its all part of the community

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Damn it freek now this thread is going to get closed too... thanks

you can't take a freek anywhere

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
yea but I thought you were trying to pick a fight and I know you can't close PMs so I was hosed...

j/k yea I did I guess I'll go with miltek all through

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Stuff happens. We are all human. Last time I looked.