GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobalt SS/TC

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
My car should be payed off soon, I always thought my upgrade car would be AWD/RWD but I've been thinking about the Cobalt TC/SS's. They make Hella power with barely any upgrades at all.

Let me explain...
Stock K04
Stronger engine than the FSI
Many have an LSD
Looks good

With just a tune they can make nearly 300whp lol, its ridic. What do you guys think about these cars?

curiouskyle16

Ready to race!
a buddy of mine had one. he let me drive it (he got too hammered at a "gathering" we went to.) the thing was quick, but for some reason it just seemed blah to me. idk it didn't thrill me.

ehancock

Ready to race!
Personally, after owning a GTI it's going to be hard for me to get used to the interior in anything else in this price range. If you just want to go fast then SS/TC will do the job

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
If you're gonna get rid of the GTI, I wouldn't get rid of it for nothing less than something with AWD or RWD with an ass load of power. Going from a GTI to a Cobalt is a lateral move to me, and while an upgrade in potential and speed, I would consider it a downgrade in over all quality.

Bodhi

Go Kart Champion
The only move I would take from a GTI/GLI is to an Audi or something at least with AWD like a subie.

Kelion

Passed Driver's Ed
If your car is paid off and you want more power just add more.

Buying a faster FWD car is silly.

This
Around a track with corners(scca) a cobalt wouldnt necessarily be a ton quicker. Also what was said about interior, no way I could take a downgrade in that department from layout to materials used, sure GTi isn't top of the line but compared to anything America I would say yes it is top of the line. That is one department the Europeans have always beaten us and I think probably always will. However I do like the new 2013 Ford ST from pics. But it's only 5 door and only FWD. Hopefully they will add a AWD in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
If your car is paid off and you want more power just add more.

Buying a faster FWD car is silly.

Disagree, we don't exactly have the best platform for making cheap power. The K03 won't get over 260whp no matter how much money you put into it. And a K04 upgrade will be upwords of 2,500 dollars and I still wouldnt make as much power as a Bolt-on SS/TC. Not to mention the LSD and the lower weight.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
This
Around a track with corners(scca) a cobalt wouldnt necessarily be a ton quicker. Also what was said about interior, no way I could take a downgrade in that department from layout to materials used, sure GTi isn't top of the line but compared to anything America I would say yes it is top of the line. That is one department the Europeans have always beaten us and I think probably always will. However I do like the new 2013 Ford ST from pics. But it's only 5 door and only FWD. Hopefully they will add a AWD in the future

Ummm...the Cobalt would definitely be a ton quicker around a track with turns. It holds the record around the Nurburgring for production FWD cars.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Ummm...the Cobalt would definitely be a ton quicker around a track with turns. It holds the record around the Nurburgring for production FWD cars.

This ^

Cobalt SS/TC 8.22
GTi 8.53

Literally has it beat by 30 seconds

Kelion

Passed Driver's Ed

How high are you exactly? A MkV GTi with dsg has a time of 8:53 whereas a cobalt turbo ss has a time of 9:02? So explain to me how 8:53 is more than 9:02?