GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coil Packs

Widebody MkVer

Performance Infused Style
Has anyone seen any aftermarket coilpacks for the 2.0's yet i have heard a bunch o peeps had em in development but haven't seen any yet.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0

walleballr

Ready to race!
First time Ive seen this type of ignition upgrade. This coupled with a surface gap plug may make some serious hp increases. Coil packs arent cheap and these seem to have something behind them.

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
where u get em for 90?

Widebody MkVer

they can pack a serious punch. im just waiting for someone to tell me how much of a punch and also a dyno would be great with and without. lol

smolinski21

Forever like etc...
I am really considering buying the Plasma Direct Coils just to be the test dummy. I want to know if they are really worth it and pack a huge bang for the buck. I need some motivation!!!

sk8chip98

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
i was looking at getting the Okado coils but then i found out the price..... holly hell !!!! i do think i need to swap my coils thouugh, im getting a cel that reads misfire and my car has a pretty ruff idle ......what you guys think?

Widebody MkVer

i was talkin to someone who was saying they had a set that were adjustable for different timing settings and stuff. i dunno what that means or if its even a possible scenario but hey its interesting.

Hammersmith

Resident Cardiologist
Car(s)
MKV GLI
i was looking at getting the Okado coils but then i found out the price..... holly hell !!!! i do think i need to swap my coils thouugh, im getting a cel that reads misfire and my car has a pretty ruff idle ......what you guys think?

Change your plugs recently? I would check that since it's easy before you go changing coilpacks.

If you can tell what cylinder is misfiring then swap that coilpack with another one and see if the misfire follows it.

Oh and for $750 or whatever there better be some serious gains but I just don't see it happening.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I had Ignition Solutions coil packs on my b5. They looked great:

As far as performance gains, it's minimal at best, and my b5 had a built 2.0t block, Garret T-28 turbo, custom 3" TBE, custom fmic, etc.

I'd suspect the gains over properly working coil packs would be minimal at best on the MKV as well. Put it this way, it costs more than a chip, and I can guarantee you you won't see anything close to as much power gains from it.

JeepNGLI

Heart-ing Forge Since 06
I had Ignition Solutions coil packs on my b5. They
Put it this way, it costs more than a chip, and I can guarantee you you won't see anything close to as much power gains from it.

That right there is the money shot.

By the way, I had my dealer friend look up the OEM coils today and apparently there's an E Revision? Any news on this?