GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consumer Cellular

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm tired of the BS AT&T is feeding me, so I talked to the people at Consumer Cellular. I read through their entire Agreement and asked about 15 questions. I'm satisfied with their answers. Their CS is rated the best by a few of the consumer groups. Anyone have any problems with them?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yes. They don't have brick and mortar stores unless you want to count Target (which I don't) so when customers need help that they can't solve over the phone, they send them to T-Mobile & AT&T stores. AT&T and T-Mobile have no affiliation with Consumer Cellular other than providing the network.

I'm sorry, but if you can't support what you sell, you need to stop selling.

/Rant

Otherwise they have great pricing if you don't use any data.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I've had ATT forever and within the last couple years I switched to a plan that was also unlimited and cheaper. Paying like 74/month but I also have a discount that a store employee placed on there probably in 2006ish. I used Sprint and Verizon prior to that...

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Just get on the geezer plan on T-Mo. 2 lines of unlimited service for $27.50 per line to $45 per line, depending on features.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just get on the geezer plan on T-Mo. 2 lines of unlimited service for $27.50 per line to $45 per line, depending on features.

It's actually $35/line, but yeah...great deal.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
I can't say anything about consumer.but I use red pocket and have nothing bad to say about them. They run sales on their site and eBay through the year

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm paying $87.50 per month for 2 lines with AT&T, for unlimited talk and text, with only 2GB data. So CC would be about $33 cheaper, with 3GB. I already get a substantial discount from AT&T, about $15 per month, so the "normal" price would be $105! That's outrageous. I've been with then for over 33 years when there were so few towers cellular was more a novelty than something useful. Everyone thought I was running 2-meter FM because I had an outside antenna and a regular handset mounted to the dash on my Caddy. :) The cost for service was $15 per month with $1 per minute whether it was an incoming call or an outgoing call. The $1 was for any part of a minute. You youngsters don't know how good you have it now. Figure out how much your bill would be at that rate. Of course there was no such thing as data or texting. Hell, the only ones that had Internet was someone like me, and that was for work for "email" using VI Editor. It took 15 minutes to compose a few lines of a message, typing it out on my keyboard hooked up to a Zenith 286.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Forgot to mention I buy my phones from Amazon. I find a model I like that's new but the previous year's model. I don't need the latest and greatest.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
I'm paying $87.50 per month for 2 lines with AT&T, for unlimited talk and text, with only 2GB data. So CC would be about $33 cheaper, with 3GB. I already get a substantial discount from AT&T, about $15 per month, so the "normal" price would be $105! That's outrageous. I've been with then for over 33 years when there were so few towers cellular was more a novelty than something useful. Everyone thought I was running 2-meter FM because I had an outside antenna and a regular handset mounted to the dash on my Caddy. :) The cost for service was $15 per month with $1 per minute whether it was an incoming call or an outgoing call. The $1 was for any part of a minute. You youngsters don't know how good you have it now. Figure out how much your bill would be at that rate. Of course there was no such thing as data or texting. Hell, the only ones that had Internet was someone like me, and that was for work for "email" using VI Editor. It took 15 minutes to compose a few lines of a message, typing it out on my keyboard hooked up to a Zenith 286.
Have you looked into at&t prepaid or even cricket? On cricket family plan (4 people) it comes out to $25 per person for unlimited everything. Like I mentioned I'm on red pocket which let's you pick any carrier and mine comes out to like $17 a month for 5gb of data then 2gb after that with unlimited talk and text

KevinC

Autocross Champion
The cost for service was $15 per month with $1 per minute whether it was an incoming call or an outgoing call. The $1 was for any part of a minute. You youngsters don't know how good you have it now.

Indeed.