GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Convenience Seating Function

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all. In amongst the many software errors, has anyone else had the issue about not being able to switch off the Convenience Seating Function? All I get is a message saying ‘Sorry, the function is currently unavailable’. Whilst I like the small seat movement you get when getting in and out of the car, I’m suffering from persistent low battery warning messages, so thought I’d try and conserve power where possible and switch the motors off. The dealer has been in touch with VW who have suggested many things, none of which have worked. Just wondering if it’s me or if it’s an issue across the range?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Just read your post in the ‘Mk8 Alarm Issues?’ discussion thread. If your persistent ‘low battery’ warning messages are an accurate warning of a low battery voltage and not triggered by a software gremlin, then a low battery can set off the car alarm if the alarm system isn’t getting sufficient voltage for it to continue operating.

Might be worth getting your car’s battery tested in case it’s defective and the cause of your random alarm activation. Alternatively, do you have a dash cam fitted? Sometimes when they’re hardwired they can drain the car’s battery.

Last edited:

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
The dealership tested the battery when they last had the car and it was fine. It seems to me that there is a persistent drain on the battery as it is most noticeably detected if the car has not been used for a number of days. I supplied them with daily voltage readings to aid investigation which fluctuated depending upon journeys made. No dash cam fitted so that can be ruled out and strange that an 2 alarm activations have occurred within 20 minutes of completing long journeys. I also notice that when the car is in our garage, sometimes just getting close to it instigates a whirring noise from some sort of electronics starting up. I’ve got keyless access turned off, so that’s not the cause. Just another side effect of the software issues I’m guessing?

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
Update today from the dealers is that they have applied a software update from VW to fix the issue and it hasn’t! Diagnostic data being sent back to VW technical for them to investigate further. Am I surprised? Not in the slightest!

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
The dealership have now been asked by VW to check how if works on other Golfs. Unfortunately, they don’t have a MK8 Golf with leather upholstery and neither do any of their sister dealerships. So, if anyone does have such a car, if you have 2 minutes to spare to see if it works for you, it’d be much appreciated. From the Main Menu, select ‘Vehicle’ followed by ‘Interior’ (at the top) and then ‘Seats’ (bottom right hand corner). You should then get the screen from the attached photo. The error message shown is displayed when you try and turn the function off by pressing the toggle switch to the right of the ‘Driver’s seat’ description. Many thanks for any help that can be provided.

Attachments

• 477C9BA8-0C90-46A4-8806-C34DB7388123.jpeg
    477C9BA8-0C90-46A4-8806-C34DB7388123.jpeg
    911.6 KB · Views: 144

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi there my Golf 8 has the motorised driver seat and when I try to disable the Driver Seat function it also gives me the same error message.
Golf 8 eHybrid built week 47/2021. Infotainment 816B with 1668 software.
IMG_0490.JPG

Lest44

I have a May 2021 mk 8 golf gti with leather climatic seats, now on sw 1668. I originally liked the seat moving back when it came to exiting the car, but I also went to turn it off and I got the same message that it was unavailable. I will let my dealer know.

Martinbury

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a May 2021 mk 8 golf gti with leather climatic seats, now on sw 1668. I originally liked the seat moving back when it came to exiting the car, but I also went to turn it off and I got the same message that it was unavailable. I will let my dealer know.
Thanks for the info. It’s beginning to sound like a generic problem rather than just individual vehicles as I’ve not heard from anyone who has the function working correctly.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Any updates on this?
Even with the newer 1896 software installed I still get the message saying ‘Sorry, the function is currently unavailable’.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone from Ireland or Uk that has the electric seat? Even with 1899 there is no solution to disable the Convenience Seating Function.

hooligan74

Ready to race!
Anyone from Ireland or Uk that has the electric seat? Even with 1899 there is no solution to disable the Convenience Seating Function.

Moog talked about it during one of his review videos of his MK8 R on Mighty Car Mods. Seems like there is no way to turn it off? I haven't heard of anyone finding anything via OBDELEVEN, either.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I have this problem now for 2 years, since I got the car. I remember Martinbury had it in the garage to resolve the problem. I have informed my workshop too. But nothing has changed. Is it that hard for VW to fix a simple software bug? In Germany and Italy this setting is working properly so it has something to do with the driving on the right.