GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Correct P/N for 2019 Fuel Injectors

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
I am about to order new OEM fuel injectors for my 2019 Golf R but am having trouble finding the correct ones. VW Parts lists three different versions, but two of them have the same body/build look as the older 2015-2018 injectors (and AFAIK 2019 saw the introduction of new injectors by Continental).

I tried looking at some YouTube videos of injector replacement guides to visually see which ones come stock on the 2019 but can't find a video that explicitly says "2019 Golf R" for the car being serviced (closest I found was Humble Mechanic but visually his injectors have the old 2015-2018 style/look to them).

Normally I would just get what a site like ECS or Shop DAP lists as compatible, but fellow EQT Tuned owners have stressed I need an exact P/N replacement as any difference in spray pattern between P/N versions will throw off my tune.

So anyone who has a 2019 Golf R and has replaced their injectors, what is the actual Part Number to get?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You don't need an exact replacement, the only thing I could get were the Audi P/N and they've been fine.
06K906036N came stock, 06K906036K are in my car now (or maybe it was vice versa--either way).
06L906036AK, no idea. Those look to be more expensive anyway.

EQT groupies are usually wrong/just regurgitating the current groupthink on FB. The ECU is a lot smarter and Cobb tuners aren't doing as much as you'd think.

Last edited:

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
You don't need an exact replacement, the only thing I could get were the Audi P/N and they've been fine.
06K906036N came stock, 06K906036K are in my car now (or maybe it was vice versa--either way).

EQT groupies are usually wrong/just regurgitating the current groupthink on FB. The ECU is a lot smarter and Cobb tuners aren't doing as much as you'd think.
Thanks. Agreed on the group think comment

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition

Thanks. Agreed on the group think comment

I'll raise my hand on this one LOL. I assume you are referring to this as one of the "groupthink" comments... https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/mk7-5-injector-replacement-options.392943/

That info came from Dave at EQT so I was absolutely regurgitating his comments. I have no clue if it's true or not but his comments (as one of the tech gurus at EQT) was relevant info enough in my mind to point out to try and be helpful. I guess for me being on these forums and platfrom for so many years and seeing so many major issues that are fueling related I don't like to leave anything to chance in that area.

Edit...here's the convo I was referring to. Both Aaron and Dave are EQT employees. Dave actually brought up the connector difference. Aaron is actually the one pointing out Ed indicated flow characteristics were different between the Contis and the Bosch injectors, so again relevant & credible enough in my mind to be concerned...

Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 9.08.25 AM.png

Last edited:

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
I'll raise my hand on this one LOL. I assume you are referring to this as one of the "groupthink" comments... https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/mk7-5-injector-replacement-options.392943/

That info came from Dave at EQT so I was absolutely regurgitating his comments. I have no clue if it's true or not but his comments (as one of the tech gurus at EQT) was relevant info enough in my mind to point out to try and be helpful. I guess for me being on these forums and platfrom for so many years and seeing so many major issues that are fueling related I don't like to leave anything to chance in that area.

Edit...here's the convo I was referring to. Both Aaron and Dave are EQT employees. Dave actually brought up the connector difference. Aaron is actually the one pointing out Ed indicated flow characteristics were different between the Contis and the Bosch injectors, so again relevant & credible enough in my mind to be concerned...

View attachment 239778
The group think for me had to do with interaction with some people on FB. But its all good now. I got the proper answer

scrllock

Autocross Champion
A lot of the groupthink comes from Dave, who is not a "guru," just a guy paid to keep social media in line. He doesn't work in a shop or do any tuning, so anything from him is secondhand info at best.

Aaron is just an unpaid volunteer mod, and if the best he can offer is "I think Ed said" I wouldn't offer that up as solid information either.

I hope that eventually someone spends the money on trying some different injector options with documented results, all I know for sure is what I've experienced on my DLRA motor.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
A lot of the groupthink comes from Dave, who is not a "guru," just a guy paid to keep social media in line. He doesn't work in a shop or do any tuning, so anything from him is secondhand info at best.

Aaron is just an unpaid volunteer mod, and if the best he can offer is "I think Ed said" I wouldn't offer that up as solid information either.

I hope that eventually someone spends the money on trying some different injector options with documented results, all I know for sure is what I've experienced on my DLRA motor.
Fair enough. At the time (1.5 months ago) it was relevant enough to me to feel the dialogue was worthwhile to share on that thread. If I had a '19 R ( I dont I have a '16) it would have made me think twice about just swapping out the Conti's to the Bosch injectors without doing some more research on it.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I didn't look too hard into it when mine failed, experimenting wasn't worth the time and now mine have a warranty through my shop.
I might see if they'll send my old injectors for a rebuild and see if some aftermarket seals last longer, as that would be a good experiment to save people some money.

With o-rings there are allegedly some compounds that hold up better to E85 mixtures:
https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/4538

VS.

https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/144_146/products_id/2182

Problem is that a) those seem intended for port injectors and b) it was the teflon seal that failed on mine.

Reactions: MSH

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie

Following up: so the 06K906036K injectors worked just fine as replacements for 06K906036N?

The 'N' revision is what my VW dealer says is the exact replacement for my car but EVERYONE is out of stock/back ordered with no ETA. Whereas I can find the 'K' (and the more expensive 'AK') but when I asked my parts department about these they told me they are not listed for my VIN (2019 Golf R)

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Following up: so the 06K906036K injectors worked just fine as replacements for 06K906036N?

The 'N' revision is what my VW dealer says is the exact replacement for my car but EVERYONE is out of stock/back ordered with no ETA. Whereas I can find the 'K' (and the more expensive 'AK') but when I asked my parts department about these they told me they are not listed for my VIN (2019 Golf R)
The VW parts website even lists 'K' for the '19:

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__/Fuel-Injector/75727606/06K906036K.html

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 8.28.41 PM.png

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Some people go to the dealer for the warranty. Some go just to be told they have no cheaper choice but to let their car sit for months. Some people find an independent mechanic who will order the cheaper part and if it doesn't work, replace it at their cost.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
Some people go to the dealer for the warranty. Some go just to be told they have no cheaper choice but to let their car sit for months. Some people find an independent mechanic who will order the cheaper part and if it doesn't work, replace it at their cost.
I just wish it was easier to get a hierarchy/update tree of why a revision to a part was made (saying going from K to N for injectors). A small explanation like when software firmware releases for products.

But I guess they don't want to make it too easy for DIY people

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Just replaced my 06k906036m Continental injectors with Bosch 0 261 500 01e and they fit but not with the lower dust cover, the Bosch style top cage was also still slightly lose so total waste in getting that fitting kit.

All my teflon seals where blown out on the Continentals with cyl2 audible leaking. 200 bucks each for new ones, the Bosch cost 70 with Swedish tax and only difference I noticed so far was LTFT going down from +5-6 to -2-3 on the E60ish that was in the tank.

Reactions: MSH

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Just replaced my 06k906036m Continental injectors with Bosch 0 261 500 01e and they fit but not with the lower dust cover, the Bosch style top cage was also still slightly lose so total waste in getting that fitting kit.

All my teflon seals where blown out on the Continentals with cyl2 audible leaking. 200 bucks each for new ones, the Bosch cost 70 with Swedish tax and only difference I noticed so far was LTFT going down from +5-6 to -2-3 on the E60ish that was in the tank.
No issues with the actual harness connectors?