GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CPO - 2 keys?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
It’s certainly a requirement in the UK of a car sold under VW’s Approved Used scheme that all keys are present. I’d expect the same to be the case under VW’s CPO programme in the US. If so, then if a car only has one key, it shouldn’t be eligible to be sold as CPO.

I’d also be a little concerned over the whereabouts of the missing key; if whoever holds the missing key knows the whereabouts of the car, there’s nothing to stop them gaining access to it. IMHO the dealer should provide a second key and reprogram the one original key that came with the car plus the new key. By reprogramming the keys, it effectively disables the missing key.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
usually up to the manufacturer for a CPO but any brand ive worked for or know people who have all require 2 key for cpo

chasdrury

Thanks, that's what i am thinking. I can find old documentation for CPO which states 2 are necessary but not clear for current CPO. I have tweeted VW USA to see...... and then if it is a requirement i'll be calling the dealer!

chasdrury

VW customer care confirmed on twitter that CPO should come with 2 keys and that the dealer must provide one.... back to the dealer now!

chasdrury

The supplying dealer have ordered the key, free of charge!
Next question - are there any protective covers that are recommended to keep the keys in good shape?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
The supplying dealer have ordered the key, free of charge!
Next question - are there any protective covers that are recommended to keep the keys in good shape?
Good to hear the dealer’s doing the right thing by not charging you. IMHO you shouldn’t be expected to pay for the new key; you’ve effectively already paid for it when you bought the car which should’ve been supplied with two keys.