GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Amaizeing

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Really can't believe I have power already. It doesn't feel real that power could be back this quickly after such a crazy storm.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's even crazier now that we can see the aftermath and what they're saying about how bad this was. I've been so in the dark since it all went down. It's been impossible to get any news. In the middle of the hurricane it was like wtf why is it still this windy? How long is it going to last? Where is the eye right now? We didn't know a freakin thing about what was going on. All we had for info was an am/fm radio, but even the news stations lost power for a couple days. They were supposed to be live 24/7, but neither of the major news stations could do that. Most of the news I was getting was just coming from radio show hosts trying to relay as much info as they could.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

cb1111

It's even crazier now that we can see the aftermath and what they're saying about how bad this was. I've been so in the dark since it all went down. It's been impossible to get any news. In the middle of the hurricane it was like wtf why is it still this windy? How long is it going to last? Where is the eye right now? We didn't know a freakin thing about what was going on. All we had for info was an am/fm radio, but even the news stations lost power for a couple days. They were supposed to be live 24/7, but neither of the major news stations could do that. Most of the news I was getting was just coming from radio show hosts trying to relay as much info as they could.
You didn't sleep through this one?
We can joke about now that we know you're OK.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

cb1111

Finally a hurricane that wasn't a punk bitch.
Like I said, those of you that came out of relatively unscathed can joke about it now.

I just got off the national call. Of interest is that they are expecting temporary water restoration in Lee County (Ft Myers) in 168 hours to those houses that have no damage to their water systems (so piping to houses and from houses). The term "water restoration" in this case refers to the pumping stations, water purification and lift stations.

The same holds true for power restoration, but currently over 800k without any power.

The four hospitals in Lee county are on generator power and water tanks. Each hospital uses approximately 5000 gallons of water per hour. The 4 hospitals have 1300 patients and 136 patients have been evacuated to FL east coast hospitals.

Three of four hospital do not have functioning fire suppression systems so they are on fire watch.

EMS is bypassing hospitals for critical cases and airlifting those patients to the east coast.

Lee county will take a very long time to recover.

cb1111

44 confirmed fatalities with a possible 26 additional. Of the 44, at least 39 were directly attributable to not evacuating - trailer parks, RVs, low lying areas and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.