GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I'm tearing my office apart right now. It was a whole thing at work. The collection of awsome pogs. Awsome without an E. Because when you're 6, you can't spell. A buddy threw a slammer across the room and hit me on the bridge of my nose and made it bleed.

It's a carefully curated collection of the 27 best pogs from '90's. Mostly consisting of flames, skulls, and magic 8 balls.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
No, you shot the sheriff, but you didn't shoot no deputy
so funny, not 5 minutes ago i was listening to a comedy riff about the stupidity of that lyric. the joke was basically, "Sooo? You're still goin to jail muthafuka, you shot the sheriff!"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
So, the one "conspiracy theory" I 100% buy in to, is our devices are absolutely listening to us all the time and spying on us. Not going as far as it's the government spying for whatever reason (which honestly I wouldn't be shocked about), but more for marketing research and ad generation.

Like last night after dinner, I was talking to my wife about the ice cream cones she had bought for our daughter. Just like these things:

1655910232173.png

I said how I was going to open them all, leave the ice cream, and just eat the bottom of the cones, since that's the best part.

And what do I get an ad for on my Facebook feed today?

1655910218183.png

animation-movies.gif

Attachments

• 1655910267270.png
    1655910267270.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 38

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
So, the one "conspiracy theory" I 100% buy in to, is our devices are absolutely listening to us all the time and spying on us. Not going as far as it's the government spying for whatever reason (which honestly I wouldn't be shocked about), but more for marketing research and ad generation.

Like last night after dinner, I was talking to my wife about the ice cream cones she had bought for our daughter. Just like these things:

View attachment 253141

I said how I was going to open them all, leave the ice cream, and just eat the bottom of the cones, since that's the best part.

View attachment 253140

View attachment 253143
Apparently TikTok has been giving access to Beijing. So there’s that

oddspyke

Autocross Champion

View attachment 253141

View attachment 253140

View attachment 253143
Oh, this is fun. It's actually scarier than your devices just listening to you. They're doing things like scraping your wife's location and purchase history and comparing it to your location history to determine that you are in a household together. Then they target your ads based on her purchases because they know you live together.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion

View attachment 253141

View attachment 253140

View attachment 253143
reported for posting pictures saying I bite. I do, but only in consenting adult situations

#nokinkshame

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Oh, this is fun. It's actually scarier than your devices just listening to you. They're doing things like scraping your wife's location and purchase history and comparing it to your location history to determine that you are in a household together. Then they target your ads based on her purchases because they know you live together.

Honestly, I don't "mind" ad based spying and shit.

Obviously, ads fucking suck and I'd prefer to not see ads everywhere. That would be the ideal situation.

But if I do have to see ads everywhere, I'm ok with being spied on so they can at least be relevant to me.

The problem is, while I consent to being spied on for ad based purposes. I don't consent for other nefarious purposes, which I'm sure is happening.

cb1111

Is that some sort of a new sex thing?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Honestly, I don't "mind" ad based spying and shit.

Obviously, ads fucking suck and I'd prefer to not see ads everywhere. That would be the ideal situation.

But if I do have to see ads everywhere, I'm ok with being spied on so they can at least be relevant to me.

The problem is, while I consent to being spied on for ad based purposes. I don't consent for other nefarious purposes, which I'm sure is happening.
Do you have an Alexa that you keep on all the time? Jeff would like to know.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion

View attachment 253141

View attachment 253140

View attachment 253143
not a conspiracy, its just reality. i agree with others, it kinda sucks to be listened to and spied on, but hey atleast the ads are sometimes relevant.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
the fuck are pogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.