GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Also, I don't do peppers, but always wanted to grow tomatoes. Just because I love tomatoes, and the thought of being able to just go out and pick one right off the vine to eat...

Anyway, I always try, and they always die. Just can't grow shit. One of my co-workers mocks me, she grows so many vegetables she literally has tomatoes growing out of the cracks in her driveway.

This year has been my best attempt so far. I think I might actually get some tomatoes!

20220626_155951.jpg

Phur

Autocross Champion
Do...people eat just hot sauce :unsure:
My son recently told me that when he goes to a restaurant that has supposedly hot sauces with his friends he will order a shot glass of their hottest and toss that back…

But, why though?!?
🙄🤦‍♂️

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Also, I don't do peppers, but always wanted to grow tomatoes. Just because I love tomatoes, and the thought of being able to just go out and pick one right off the vine to eat...

Anyway, I always try, and they always die. Just can't grow shit. One of my co-workers mocks me, she grows so many vegetables she literally has tomatoes growing out of the cracks in her driveway.

This year has been my best attempt so far. I think I might actually get some tomatoes!

View attachment 253665
The big thing with tomatoes is that they're thirsty as hell. Just give them a ton of water and you should be okay. My tomatoes (and other fruit-bearing plants as well) were shit until I installed a drip-irrigation system in the gardens...now they're all happy, even on the hottest of days.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
The big thing with tomatoes is that they're thirsty as hell. Just give them a ton of water and you should be okay. My tomatoes (and other fruit-bearing plants as well) were shit until I installed a drip-irrigation system in the gardens...now they're all happy, even on the hottest of days.
Got some more info for those of us who suck at gardening? Tomatoes are on my list of things I'd like to grow, alongside onions and cilantro. Green onions have been doable for a while, but if I can grow tomatoes and onions we'll be set on pico for life. My wife and I typically use 4 tomatoes, something like half a large onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a jalapeno diced up to add some heat. It's one of those foods that's so good, I forget I've just eaten a shitton of vegetables.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
My son recently told me that when he goes to a restaurant that has supposedly hot sauces with his friends he will order a shot glass of their hottest and toss that back…

But, why though?!?
🙄🤦‍♂️

When I was college aged, we used to go to a Johnny Rockets restaurant I Providence. Since I don't think that's nation wide, it's a chain of restaurants that are 1950's diner themed. We were there one night, drunk as hell. Friendly with the staff though, not obnoxious drunk. The manager there offered to comp our whole meal if we did hot sauce shots.

So we did.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I had a 280zx that had a working 8 track player, but the radio didn't work. My friends decided to buy me exactly one 8-track as a gift, Abba's greatest hits. You wanted music? You get Abba.

I mostly drove in silence.
my mk6 had an ABBA CD in the head unit when i bought it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i too have increasingly become interested in becoming at east partially self-sufficient and would love to start growing some various fruits and vegetables. Why put my good land to waste?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
When I was college aged, we used to go to a Johnny Rockets restaurant I Providence. Since I don't think that's nation wide, it's a chain of restaurants that are 1950's diner themed. We were there one night, drunk as hell. Friendly with the staff though, not obnoxious drunk. The manager there offered to comp our whole meal if we did hot sauce shots.

So we did.

I think I have been to a Johnny Rockets on a cruise. Carnival or Royal Caribbean. Thought it was just a thing on the cruise.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.