GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Lady phur and I have a complimentary photography lesson tomorrow for our new camera, a Nikon Z-fc mirrorless. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
IMG_9606.JPG

cb1111

Bosses sent out email Wed. “We want all your mandatory FY22 training completed by next week.”

Based on my last promotion, my annual certifications are due at end of FY as well as station mandated annual training elements. Normally these are budgeted to be one or two a week to not pull me off my caseload for large swaths of time.

I responded saying my calendar won’t allow that to happen for at least two weeks. They said, “fine get it done this week.”

I’m now nearly 4.5hrs into my Friday and watching the same snoozer videos on privacy act, information security, remote technology access policy, sexual harassment, workplace harassment, and the list goes on and on, that I’ve seen every year for nearly a decade.

I’m getting absolutely nothing done, and while part of me is like… ya’ll did this, part of me feels like I should be accomplishing something today. Eh, fuck it.

I WISH I could stare at someone’s intercooling paperweight right now.
Much of the govt is switching systems soon - hence the need to get all the training out.

I was in an interagency meeting where that came up a couple of weeks ago. I passed it on to HR and they said "doesn't apply to us". Today they send out an email that everybody needs to get their mandatory training done by next weeks since a new system is coming.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Much of the govt is switching systems soon - hence the need to get all the training out.

I was in an interagency meeting where that came up a couple of weeks ago. I passed it on to HR and they said "doesn't apply to us". Today they send out an email that everybody needs to get their mandatory training done by next weeks since a new system is coming.

Ahhh makes sense. Won’t be able to get it all done by the 12th due date on any other date. So, I had 7.75hrs of “training” today. 😩

zrickety

The Fixer
Dang just saw there's a new predator movie on Hulu. Might give it a watch later since it's too hot in the garage to do anything
I pulled my transmission today, it was 95 and muggy. Thanks for the predator tip.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
For example, only the best DSLR's can shoot over 10fps but many mirrorless cameras can do 15fps with the mechanical shutter, and twice that on the electronic.

FYI my 4yr old (to me, but its from 2016) mirrorless (with both rear viewscreen & separate eye cup viewfinder) can shoot 15fps mechanical shutter & 60fps electronic shutter.....the latest version of my camera can do 120fps electronic shutter.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.