GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
this is certainly a color
9A442B03-C3EB-429A-AA65-E375351F4255.jpeg
C3934149-73A1-447C-8E32-F5CAF3693BC6.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
pomelo green makes me irrationally angry and is the most awful special "color" VW has ever rolled out

It looks like "I don't drink enough water" yellow, and I swear I can smell it from the photos

I loathe it on the GTI's. And what sucks about it, is EVERY FUCKING AUTOBAHN TRIM IS POMELO YELLOW!!!

Like, a non-Pomelo Autobahn is rare is fuck. When I was considering my next car, and thought "Maybe I could do an MK8 GTI, but it would have to be an Autobahn..."

1679592491114.png

Every. Single. Fucking. One. In any bit near me, is fucking Pomelo.

And it's hideous.

messrock

Autocross Champion
I also think Indian is underrated, or I was just really sheltered as a child. My wife and I have been checking out all sorts of restaurants through our relationship, and tikka/biryani is a favorite.

I'm a bitch though and order it american medium -- Indian hot is hot
Made the mistake of telling them to make my Vindaloo hot. His eyes bugged out of his head “hot?” - hot.

JFC - pretty sure I met Jesus at that table that night. Leftovers cranked it up to 17.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Made the mistake of telling them to make my Vindaloo hot. His eyes bugged out of his head “hot?” - hot.

JFC - pretty sure I met Jesus at that table that night. Leftovers cranked it up to 17.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
I loathe it on the GTI's. And what sucks about it, is EVERY FUCKING AUTOBAHN TRIM IS POMELO YELLOW!!!

Like, a non-Pomelo Autobahn is rare is fuck. When I was considering my next car, and thought "Maybe I could do an MK8 GTI, but it would have to be an Autobahn..."

View attachment 276419

And it's hideous.
I hate the mk8 GTI exterior/frontend, and capacitive buttons are stupid. The logo revision also irritates me, because it doesn't touch the outer circle on all points. The R is slightly better, and I'd buy one as a daily. But I'm convinced the mk7/7.5 is the best generation as far as balance of performance, features, comfort, and price.

1679592654848.png

also @oddspyke insert Simpsons gif... All this time I've been petting them, when instead I should've been eating them! I've had some of the lamb dishes as well and the're delicious. I know there's a ton of stuff that I should try, but I keep getting won over by my memory of dishes that I know are delicious. Next time though, I might try a roll of the dice and trying something completely different.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion

View attachment 276419

And it's hideous.
My guess is that it's just every Autobahn they can't sell. I bet you could have gotten a sweet deal too. "I'm going to need you to knock off $4k to cover the wrap this car needs so I'm not embarrassed to drive it in public."

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I hate the mk8 GTI exterior/frontend, and capacitive buttons are stupid. The logo revision also irritates me, because it doesn't touch the outer circle on all points. The R is slightly better, and I'd buy one as a daily. But I'm convinced the mk7/7.5 is the best generation as far as balance of performance, features, comfort, and price.

View attachment 276420

Agree on the front end. It's horrible.

However, capacitive buttons are dope. I realize I'm the minority with those feelings though.