GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers

riceburner

Autocross Champion

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers​

Gee I wonder!
1000014271.jpg

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
CSB: Back to full strength on shoulder today... Able to do muscle ups and full ROM overhead lat raises.

Anyone catch the champions league games? Devastated that city lost on pens...

Salami

Autocross Champion
Depending on state law, the cop may have been correct. Some states allow two cars that are stopped at a stop sign to proceed together (i.e., the second car does not need to stop a second time when they reach that stop sign), but those states are the exception. I have no clue if NC is one of those states.

If the SUV was at (or in front of) the stop sign, and you went when they did, then you didn't technically stop at the sign.

The SUV should have been given a ticket for having stopped improperly and to pull you over seems a bit petty.

In NC law states car must stop at white line if present. If no white line is present one must stop at physical stop sign. There is no white line at this intersection, I was right at the stop sign when I stopped. Sat there for 13 seconds. CUV rear bumper was about 6-8' past stop sign.

Was I supposed to extra stop? Pull forward past the stop sign and stop again? Pull almost into the intersection like the dimwit in front of me and stop?

I can guarantee you that if there wasn't traffic coming from the CUV's left he would have rolled right through the stop sign. This right turn probably about 80% of people never stop for, a lot of people only slow down enough to not wind up in the opposite lane.

I'm actually pleasantly happy a cop was actually watching this problem intersection. Pretty pissed she picked one of the very few drivers that actually stops there.

Last edited:

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
In NC law states car must stop at white line if present. If no white line is present one must stop at physical stop sign. There is no white line at this intersection, I was right at the stop sign when I stopped. Sat there for 13 seconds. CUV rear bumper was about 6-8' past stop sign.

Was I supposed to extra stop? Pull forward past the stop sign and stop again? Pull almost into the intersection like the dimwit in front of me and stop?
You were supposed to give em the boston special
Finger, honk, yell... in no particular order

Pineapple

Go Kart Champion
You were supposed to give em the boston special
Finger, honk, yell... in no particular order
CSB: Tonight I got honked at by a taxi 1.5 seconds after the light turned green. I'm manual, so I don't get moving fast enough for impatient automatics. I also don't like to come to a 100% complete stop at stop signs. AITA?

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
CSB: Tonight I got honked at by a taxi 1.5 seconds after the light turned green. I'm manual, so I don't get moving fast enough for impatient automatics. I also don't like to come to a 100% complete stop at stop signs. AITA?
I hate it when people are impatient in my manual. I absolutely loathe people that ride my bumper when I'm trying to get going at a red light. Gearing is short, so I have to shift 4 times to get up to 35/40mph without ripping through rev range.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion