GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
SmartSelect_20230331_083010_Chrome.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Y'all remember Space Ice Cream? That freeze dried stuff you could buy for like $6 for a tiny ass portion from museum gift shops?

I fucking loved that shit. And I don't mean as a kid, I mean as an adult. Every once in a while, like maybe once a year or so, I would buy a case of that shit off Amazon, 24 packs. And I would open like 10 packs and dump it in a bowl. And just gorge myself on that shit until I felt sick. It was so damn good.

And they don't make it anymore! They still make the ice cream sandwiches, but the freeze dried chocholate wafer ruins the entire thing. You can't just get the packs of neapolitan ice cream any more.

Other companies make freeze dried ice cream, and trust me, I've tried a bunch. But none of them are nowhere near as good as the OG.

1680269970471.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Y'all remember Space Ice Cream? That freeze dried stuff you could buy for like $6 for a tiny ass portion from museum gift shops?

I fucking loved that shit. And I don't mean as a kid, I mean as an adult. Every once in a while, like maybe once a year or so, I would buy a case of that shit off Amazon, 24 packs. And I would open like 10 packs and dump it in a bowl. And just gorge myself on that shit until I felt sick. It was so damn good.

And they don't make it anymore! They still make the ice cream sandwiches, but the freeze dried chocholate wafer ruins the entire thing. You can't just get the packs of neapolitan ice cream any more.

Other companies make freeze dried ice cream, and trust me, I've tried a bunch. But none of them are nowhere near as good as the OG.

View attachment 277197

Times change and it sometimes sucks.

Any old ass vet that remembers the dark brown MRE will sing tales of the strawberry brick.

RIP good friend, you made some very hard times a little better. ✊

riceburner

Autocross Champion
God Bless the vets, as I have never had to have an MRE

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Like I can see this image. And I can taste it.

1680271276613.png

That shit was so fucking good.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I ordered this one that I haven't tried yet. Should be here today, hoping it's good.

1680271324321.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i think i tried that dry icecream once. forgot if i liked it much or not. cool texture IIRC

Acadia check places like hobby lobby, i think they have goofy shit like that sometimes in their snack lanes or something.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
i think i tried that dry icecream once. forgot if i liked it much or not. cool texture IIRC

Acadia check places like hobby lobby, i think they have goofy shit like that sometimes in their snack lanes or something.

You used to be able to get it at Michael's and such. Good for a few packs, but bulk was always cheaper. Like I said, you can still find the ice cream sandwiches. But they kinda suck.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Bro you've never tried Astronaut Ice Cream?

I have not! I didn't even know it was a thing haha.

What's so different about it that in your opinion makes really really good? Other than it obviously being dried ice of course.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I have not! I didn't even know it was a thing haha.

What's so different about it that in your opinion makes really really good? Other than it obviously being dried ice of course.
The astronaut brand actually tastes like ice cream still, just not wet. It's awesome. How did you never have any? I'm guessing you are not a millennial, it was freaking everywhere and such a big thing in the late 80's / early 90's.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
"Mr. Jay, how does getting your _item_ in infinity sound?"