CSB Thread: Mud Getting Desperate At End Of Threads Life

Who should take over CSB2 thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Because iOS/MacOS is tailored around specific hardware, that Apple is in control of. Android has to be built to work with hundreds of different hardware configurations, mostly at the phone manufacturers discretion. Apple products will nearly always run smoother with less because of that

That's also why Google and Apple devices get their OS updates so fast. Samsung and other third party companies have to test the software with their phones first before releasing it to the public. It can be months after Google releases an OS before Samsung will push it to their devices. I had Samsung phones...depending on when you buy the phone...if you buy right when it releases...you get two years worth of updates. If you get the phone towards the end of the two years...you might get one. From what I can remember Google supports their Pixel devices for three years...Apple you get at least five years of updates.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I like my pixel, but android 12 sucks. Stay on android 11. You don't want the updates.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
I like my pixel, but android 12 sucks. Stay on android 11. You don't want the updates.
Oh? My 7T is supposed to get Android 12. What is bad about it? Since its OnePlus...it could still be months before I receive it. I just checked...and T-Mo is the one pushing it out...so who knows when it'll be ready.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
That's also why Google and Apple devices get their OS updates so fast. Samsung and other third party companies have to test the software with their phones first before releasing it to the public. It can be months after Google releases an OS before Samsung will push it to their devices. I had Samsung phones...depending on when you buy the phone...if you buy right when it releases...you get two years worth of updates. If you get the phone towards the end of the two years...you might get one. From what I can remember Google supports their Pixel devices for three years...Apple you get at least five years of updates.
Samsung is now supporting their phones for 3 years and have recently released the newest update before Google did. That said I'm not a fan of Samsung phones I just don't like the bloat and the apps that they won't let you uninstall. I like the cleaner experience that the OnePlus phones gives you and they now provide 3 years of updates also..

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Oh? My 7T is supposed to get Android 12. What is bad about it? Since its OnePlus...it could still be months before I receive it. I just checked...and T-Mo is the one pushing it out...so who knows when it'll be ready.
If you don't have the Oxygen Updater app installed do so. You will get system updates a week or so sooner than T-MO pushes them out unless that only works on unlocked phones.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Oh? My 7T is supposed to get Android 12. What is bad about it? Since its OnePlus...it could still be months before I receive it.
I ran android 11 for about a year until 12 came out and I just blindly updated it. Everything worked perfect on 11 and nothing ever gave me issues. Then I went to 12 and it's obvious that my battery life is worse. It's mostly just little annoyances, but I went from having no annoyances to noticing them all the time. Like little keyboard glitches that make me do things twice. Sometimes I open pandora and my volume is blasted all the way when it should be set fairly quiet, but for whatever reason it's deciding to use the bluetooth volume levels even though it's not connected to bluetooth. It's just little things like that. The hit to battery life is actually quite noticeable though.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I ran android 11 for about a year until 12 came out and I just blindly updated it. Everything worked perfect on 11 and nothing ever gave me issues. Then I went to 12 and it's obvious that my battery life is worse. It's mostly just little annoyances, but I went from having no annoyances to noticing them all the time.
Google isn't running their beta test long enough to sort out problems and it makes me delay updating until I've read that the problems have been fixed.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
I ran android 11 for about a year until 12 came out and I just blindly updated it. Everything worked perfect on 11 and nothing ever gave me issues. Then I went to 12 and it's obvious that my battery life is worse. It's mostly just little annoyances, but I went from having no annoyances to noticing them all the time. Like little keyboard glitches that make me do things twice. Sometimes I open pandora and my volume is blasted all the way when it should be set fairly quiet, but for whatever reason it's deciding to use the bluetooth volume levels even though it's not connected to bluetooth. It's just little things like that. The hit to battery life is actually quite noticeable though.

Lol...well the good thing is that since you have a Google device...you should be able to get fixes fairly fast.

If you don't have the Oxygen Updater app installed do so. You will get system updates a week or so sooner than T-MO pushes them out unless that only works on unlocked phones.

The Oxygen Updater does not work with T-Mo devices.:cautious:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Darn. That's why I always buy unlocked.

My phone is unlocked. I bought it as an Amazon Refurbished device and am using it on a Family Mobile plan. It just happens that T-Mo branded devices are not supported by the updater. It'll give me a notification that an update is ready...but when I try to update...it'll tell me that the device is unsupported. I have to wait for T-Mo to release it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It's the first day of winter I've had to wear jeans. 🥶

I've recently transitioned to a new role at work, which requires me to go into the office temporarily a few days a week. I haven't worn hard pants this many days in a row in years...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^what do you do for work?

i too have been wearing sweatpants most days of the week lol, makes me feel like a bum but boy, is it comfy

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
^what do you do for work?

i too have been wearing sweatpants most days of the week lol, makes me feel like a bum but boy, is it comfy

Transitioned from a "Data Analyst" to a "Risk Analyst" for a bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.